GF wants a break...

Lost11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Solved!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
she's breaking up with you. If she needs a month break and you already only see each other every 1-2 months, she's def trying to end it. Sorry man.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear about this. Like the other poster above, shes probably thinking about breaking up. You guys may need to sit down and have a serious talk about what is going to happen in the coming years and plan it out, if is going to work at all

Expect to hear:

1. "It's not you, it's me"....but it's really you.
2. "If we lived in the same city, maybe it'd be different"....but it wouldn't.
3. "We want different things now"...but it's just her that wants something different.
4. "I hope we can still be friends"...not really, she just wants to bone other dudes and feel less bad about it.

I dont wanna stir the knife further into your fresh wounds but i think there is a possibility she might have met someone and is trying to let you out easy.
Perhaps she has been doing this all this while; I mean 300 miles apart, u meet once every two months??! The writing is on the wall in this scenario.

As a disclaimer though, we are no relationship experts and we base our responses on experiences. Not out of sheer malvolence.

Last edited:
sry man, but a "break" is bad. she has met a new guy and has gotten pretty close to him. she now wants a break to try him out for a while without feeling guilt. after a month, she'll weight her options and choose between him and you.

sry man, but a "break" is bad. she has met a new guy and has gotten pretty close to him. she now wants a break to try him out for a while without feeling guilt. after a month, she'll weight her options and choose between him and you.

Where'd you get your crystal ball?

Speaking as a girl, I gotta agree....it's a crappy way to do things, though.

Instead of accepting a break, why don't you insist to talk about it? Communication is ESSENTIAL in LDRs.

Maybe there are some greivances that she is just afraid to air unless you show that you really want to know. If you haven't had any suspicion of anything liek this, and she is just springing you on it now, I would be more inclined to think she is upset about something. If there had been festering doubt, I would think she wants to be with someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me and this wonderful girl have been together for 3 years. I'm right now finalizing my apps to get into med school, she is off working as an analyst 300 miles away. I was all ready for this long distance, apparently it's taking a larger toll on her. I honestly thought things were going smoothly. We talk everyday, I visit once every one-two months. Everything seemed fine, now she tells me she wants a month to think if we're really meant to be together. What does this mean and what should I do?

Your only chance to salvage the relationship is to be in the same city. Almost all of the commuter relationships that started med school didn't survive. Mine was one that did. Still married 25 years. But the 2 year separation took a toll. Good luck.

When things are rocky there is always one person with a foot out the door, and the other person is still thinking there is a chance. It sounds like she's on her way out, she just hasn't "woman'd-up" to be honest about it. It's kind of like poker. If you are at a table and you aren't able to pick out the fish....you're the fish.

I'm sorry to say it but she is breaking up with you as others have pointed out. Speaking from experience, try to communicate with her or all you will be left with is regrets.

There is a saying: we always believe our first love is our last and our last love is our first. :laugh:

There will be more fishes sir.

I´m sorry for your loss

BROKEN RELATIONSHIPS MAKE BALROG SAD. :( :cry:

+1 that she's probably boning another dude as I type this. Nothing you can do to change it really.

hahaha this.

First, tell her immediately its over. Take control of the situation. If needed, immediately make your way to closest strip club with a fistful of dollars.

Second, light a candle to baby Jesus, Mary, Buddha, Allah, King David or whoever you choose to worship that her weak will to hold onto relationships displayed itself now, instead of 3 years into a marriage.

Expect to hear:

1. "It's not you, it's me"....but it's really you.
2. "If we lived in the same city, maybe it'd be different"....but it wouldn't.
3. "We want different things now"...but it's just her that wants something different.
4. "I hope we can still be friends"...not really, she just wants to bone other dudes and feel less bad about it.

:thumbup:

Thanks people, I'm over it now. Figure it's best now than later when school starts.

hahaha this.

First, tell her immediately its over. Take control of the situation. If needed, immediately make your way to closest strip club with a fistful of dollars.

Second, light a candle to baby Jesus, Mary, Buddha, Allah, King David or whoever you choose to worship that her weak will to hold onto relationships displayed itself now, instead of 3 years into a marriage.

A+ post. This "break" talk is something an immature girl does when they are 15, not adults. If she is pulling this as an adult, it just shows a lack of maturity on her part. Distance is 100% workable (when people want it to work). She doesn't want it to work. Especially when distance is only temporary.

She uses the word break to have the best of both worlds. Do NOT allow her to have that. Walk away from this situation. It is easier said than done though.

I don't want to push you in the wrong direction, but sleeping with another girl will give you so much more perspective into the situation. You will see she isnt the only woman in the world and the only person with a vagina.

She is a weak individual. Never go back to this person. She is just too immature to handle a real relationship.

Saddle up my friend. You now don't have to call someone that is totally worthless to your future and can use that time to better yourself even more. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: