Gift for my boss (OD)

Started by Oculopathy
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oculopathy

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking to get a card + gift for my boss. She was the OD that wrote a LOR for me and was the one who took me into her clinic with absolutely no experience in the optometric field. I doubt I would've been accepted into various OD programs without her intervention and the amount of information I've learned this past year has been limitless.
A little background about her:
  • Around 40 years old
  • Works out + healthy diet
  • She is stressed - has been running the practice completely alone as the two other part-time doctors have quite during COVID and we've been adapting to completely new EMR software recently
  • Has a family
  • Not quite sure what hobbies she has
Any suggestions for a token of my appreciation? I'm considering a gift card for a massage or something similar.
 
Card. Jar of sugar-free sucker candy in an optometry decorated with eye glasses stickers and her name.

Or

Simply a card will do, and maybe ask for a photo op with her
 
TJ Maxx or Marshalls sell some really high end, good quality candles for under $20... maybe you can pick one up along with a thoughtful card
 
My OD loves her Starbucks and I knew she would appreciate a reusable coffee cup. So I got her a coffee cup with a lid and a Starbucks coffee mix.