Go big or go home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighPriest

Specialized in diseases of the head holes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The most amazing part, even considering how audacious this all is, is that he would try to tell someone he didn’t know he was still on active duty. That’s the part that stuck out the most to me.

The most amazing part, even considering how audacious this all is, is that he would try to tell someone he didn’t know he was still on active duty. That’s the part that stuck out the most to me.

No, the most amazing part was that he chose to live with them, who does that?!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, the most amazing part was that he chose to live with them, who does that?!
Oh, I mean, I get that. It’s just cost effective. I mean, three apartments, three washers, three ovens, three water bills? It’s fine if you don’t ever want to retire.

Bahrain is a relative playground in the Gulf. Lots of Saudis go there to unwind without the heavy social controls in the Kingdom: lots of hotels with bars. At one time, two people with a supplemental housing allowance could afford to rent a villa (=large mansion with pool and gardens) in a gated community. There was a lot of socializing, house parties, and a good-sized expat community. The medical team was busy, and was the shore liaison for all the 5th Fleet and all visiting ships in the Gulf, including the carriers. The place had a work-hard/play-hard culture.

He was just being accommodative.

I was reading the court martial page a while back, and some poor smuck was convicted of fraternizing with a prostitute in the Philippines. How times change.