Going Crazy with GPA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paradigm2200

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...i have been studying hard and plan to take the DAT at the end of July. My questions are....should i have already applied even though i do not have my DAT scores ready as well as the letters of recommendations? More importanty...my gpa is not the best in the world....overall 2.937 and science (i think) is 2.710. Is this going to hurt me in the long run for admission to dental school???

If i get 20's straight across the DAT...will my GPA matter so much at schools like NYU and Boston???

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

paradigm2200 said:
Hey guys...i have been studying hard and plan to take the DAT at the end of July. My questions are....should i have already applied even though i do not have my DAT scores ready as well as the letters of recommendations? More importanty...my gpa is not the best in the world....overall 2.937 and science (i think) is 2.710. Is this going to hurt me in the long run for admission to dental school???

If i get 20's straight across the DAT...will my GPA matter so much at schools like NYU and Boston???

thanks

There is no sure answer to whether you are going to get in even with 20's. I would think you would have a good shot though, depending on your scores. I would just apply and find out! And do so as early as possible.

onetoothleft said:
There is no sure answer to whether you are going to get in even with 20's. I would think you would have a good shot though, depending on your scores. I would just apply and find out! And do so as early as possible.

so send the application in early...and then go thru with all the other stuff....DAT scores and LOR's....

Members don't see this ad :)
paradigm2200 said:
so send the application in early...and then go thru with all the other stuff....DAT scores and LOR's....

Yeah. Send the application in now.

jaerob said:
Yeah. Send the application in now.

will do that by this week....another question...does my personal statement have to be completed when i send the application from the website???

thanks

paradigm2200 said:
will do that by this week....another question...does my personal statement have to be completed when i send the application from the website???

thanks

yeah

paradigm2200 said:

thanks

A complete application also includes a well-written personal essay

Comet208 said:
A complete application also includes a well-written personal essay

thats my main concern....should i send in the application without having written the personal statement (is there any way i can send the personal statement with my DAT scores?)... :scared:

completely confused... :scared:

paradigm2200 said:
thats my main concern....should i send in the application without having written the personal statement (is there any way i can send the personal statement with my DAT scores?)... :scared:

?? NO! You finish your application, every box, then you send it in. This is just common sense. You can't send your personal statement with your DAT score.

paradigm2200 said:

The personal statement is part of the question within the application, thus if you do not complete the personal statement, you will not be able to submit the application.

You may not send the personal statement with your DAT scores because the application and DAT are operated from two DIFFERENT companies, ADEA and ADA respectively. Because the DAT scores will be sent directly from ADA to the dental schools directly, they will not handle any documents that are outside their jurisdiction.