Going door to door to find job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TBCC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried to get a job by just showing up at dental offices and asking if they are hiring. I work part-time and wanted to add a day or two at another office but haven't had much luck with answering craigslist or other internet ads. I live in so. Cal. My boss has told me that he has hired dentists who just show up asking for a job. He's pretty open-minded though so I'm wondering whether anyone has tried this with success. Or if you have a practice, would you hire like that? Just thinking of ways to increase chances of getting 2nd job.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's a better and more efficient idea to call first to see if they're hiring. sucks to be in southern cali right now..

I was wondering if anyone has tried to get a job by just showing up at dental offices and asking if they are hiring. I work part-time and wanted to add a day or two at another office but haven't had much luck with answering craigslist or other internet ads. I live in so. Cal. My boss has told me that he has hired dentists who just show up asking for a job. He's pretty open-minded though so I'm wondering whether anyone has tried this with success. Or if you have a practice, would you hire like that? Just thinking of ways to increase chances of getting 2nd job.

I did just that and it worked great!!! I went into an office that I noticed was heavily advertised on TV, so I figured they had lots of pts. They were in the process of starting to advertise for a new dr. (they hadn't even began) so I was there at the right place at the right time!. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it's a better and more efficient idea to call first to see if they're hiring. sucks to be in southern cali right now..

Why does it suck being in Cali?

Just wondering

Why does it suck being in Cali?

Just wondering

because of an insane over-saturation of dentists working there. the reason is because they made it too easy for anybody to come work there (like yourself); and they even now accept a mexican dental school... i was thinking about moving there after residency, but after speaking to some dentist friends who are working as hygiensts (and having a hard time at that) i decided to stay put

because of an insane over-saturation of dentists working there. the reason is because they made it too easy for anybody to come work there (like yourself); and they even now accept a mexican dental school... i was thinking about moving there after residency, but after speaking to some dentist friends who are working as hygiensts (and having a hard time at that) i decided to stay put

I grew up in So. Cal. and one can't swing a dead cat without hitting a strip-mall with 2+ dental offices. There are some low per-capita spots but they are in No. Cal in the boonies (there are also some spots over by Nevada/Az borders). Here is a paper by UCLA about dent-pops in CA. View attachment CA_Dentists_FS_061609.pdf