Golden Key Honor Society

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Golden Key Honor Society worth it?

I assume many of the members of this board are also members of this Honor Society or have had to make a decision about joining.

Is the $65 fee worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

If you've already turned in your AMCAS and have other honors on your app, I don't think that it's worth it. I think that Phi Beta Kappa is worth it, but Golden Key isn't known for it's rigorous admission standards.

I will be applying in the spring of next year. I don't have any other honor society's on my resume.

Won't a adcomm look at my stats (3.96 overall, 4.00 sci MCAT(34)) and understand that I could have joined but I chose not to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do a search...there's another thread with a lot of conflicting opinions on this. Most of them are negative, but I've found GK to be a very worthwhile activity (in terms of both honor and community service). I think their admissions standards are rigorous enough (top 15% of class is nothing to sneeze at), but of course it's not Phi Beta Kappa.

Thanks, I found the other thread.

No need to post unless you want to.

You'll be happier with the $65. Spend it on a med school secondary. That will take you much further than Golden Key.

Thanks for the info here and on the other thread. I am keeping the money and buying an ape to attend class for me