Goljan audio - how do you finish??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am using Goljan audio right now in my first run through pathology. But I seem to be going through the Rapid Review way too slowly as a result. For example, it took me 4 hours to finish one chapter in rapid review. I don't think I have time to do all the audio bec. it will take way more time for me to finish path than the time I have alloted for it in my study schedule. What did you guys do so that you finished all 36 lectures?? Is it necessary to listen to all of them?

Members don't see this ad.

I went through them diligently the first time when I was learning for class w/RR, but now I listen to them in the car every time I drive somewhere (even like a 5 min trip). In the last 6 weeks, somehow I've finished all of them and am starting again

I am using Goljan audio right now in my first run through pathology. But I seem to be going through the Rapid Review way too slowly as a result. For example, it took me 4 hours to finish one chapter in rapid review. I don't think I have time to do all the audio bec. it will take way more time for me to finish path than the time I have alloted for it in my study schedule. What did you guys do so that you finished all 36 lectures?? Is it necessary to listen to all of them?
I actually gave up on it. I have the RR book which is a better version of his notes.. and he lectures from his notes. I honestly think that if I have the book, I'm solid. If there's a blue margin point that you don't understand (most of that are what he says "are going to be on the boards") then you can listen to it or ask someone to explain it. Even on here.

If you havnt been listening to Goljan in the past it might not be worth it to try and only listen to it once. I used his audio, notes, and slides through most of my 2nd year so I would be fairly familiar with his material. During my first 4 weeks of board studying i didnt listen to the audio at all. In the 5th week I ended up buying his book and read through most of it in about 2.5 days and was able to understood most of it since i previously used his notes and audio. After that I listened to audio once straight through on double speed going along with his slides which took about 3 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually don't think I'll manage to finish them all, but I'm not concerned because I'm using the Goljan audio as a supplement/bonus. I listen to his stuff when I finish my own reading and review (like in the evening when I'm too tired for anything else). A couple of ideas: Listen at 2x. Put them on your iPod and listen on the bus/in the car. Sometimes, I put the audio when I'm in my apartment, eating dinner or getting ready in the morning.

Hi DMB,

The G man is a great resource, but super painful to do in isolation; download mplayer and hit the "[" and "]" keys to speed up or slow down and go at your own pace.

The first concert I ever went to was a DMB concert in Portland. They put on a great show.

Good luck!

I think it depends on the kind of learner you are.

I learn really well with audio...so I have been using Goljan audio plus his RR Path book. I take notes in the book while listening....pause and read the sections.

Although it takes Forever to get through a chapter, I truly think that it has helped me tremendously in my studies (that and UWorld).

I just took the UWorld Assesment and scored 230+ and many of the questions that I was sure of while taking the test...was b/c b/c of Goljan audio + his book. In addition....Goljan has helped me score acheive my highest performance scores in Pathology (which is the majority of the exam)

Obviously this is just my experience...but if you can stick with both the audio and the book...I think it will pay off :)

GOOD LUCK

If you havnt been listening to Goljan in the past it might not be worth it to try and only listen to it once. I used his audio, notes, and slides through most of my 2nd year so I would be fairly familiar with his material. During my first 4 weeks of board studying i didnt listen to the audio at all. In the 5th week I ended up buying his book and read through most of it in about 2.5 days and was able to understood most of it since i previously used his notes and audio. After that I listened to audio once straight through on double speed going along with his slides which took about 3 days.

Where did u find his slides from? Are there any notes associated with the slides?

Thundrstorm, I love the quote in your sig:)