Good luck in the scramble!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All I gotta say is that the scramble sucks. Thank god I participated as an observer, not as a scrambler. It's not quite how I had expected it. Rather than getting to think carefully about a program before making a decision, you are basically calling numerous programs, faxing your application materials over and over again, dealing with an hour lag in the ERAS system, waiting for phone calls from programs that may or may not call you back, and crossing your fingers that someone decides to take an interest in you.

Anyone who considers "waiting for the scramble" because "good programs go unfilled" is asking for a beating. Sure, it happens sometimes that you land into a great program that didn't even bother to interview you originally, but you also might be forced into a FP position in Puerto Rico because there's a red flag in your application that causes PDs to throw it aside without even bothering to read about what a superstar you are.

So for future applicants: don't count on the Scramble! Rank every single program you can tolerate! If you would scramble into a program, then you'd damn better put it at the bottom of your list, just in case.

That's what I have to say after spending eight hours today assisting scramblers, with tensions rising, faxes not going through, and scramblers becoming demoralized at the prospect of facing yet another day of phone calls with apathetic program coordinators.

rirriri said:
still in flux as of right now. i've had extended contact with one program throughout the day, but they won't decide until a couple of days.

considering this, i've been in a state of seizure. i have no idea what's gonna happen to me......AGAIN.
*hugs*

and, :luck: