Good Medical Schools for Statisticians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GaussianBanana

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was a statistics major, applying this cycle. I want to treat patients (so applying for MD) but I love stats too much and want to continue to research/apply statistics to my MD work. Dream would be to work for the CDC.

Does anyone know good medical schools that offer strong biostatistics/epidemiology courses for medical students? I tried searching online but just got back public health schools instead.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I was a statistics major, applying this cycle. I want to treat patients (so applying for MD) but I love stats too much and want to continue to research/apply statistics to my MD work. Dream would be to work for the CDC.

Does anyone know good medical schools that offer strong biostatistics/epidemiology courses for medical students? I tried searching online but just got back public health schools instead.

Thanks!
I am curious as well. Also, love the username.

Reactions: 1 user
In med school, you only take courses the school assigns, unless you’re dual enrolled in public health, business, or getting a PhD. Everyone takes the same courses. If you want to do statistics related work, then looking for research opportunities while in med school is your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Harvard HST or Carle Illinois

Or, given your dream, literally Emory's MD/MPH program. You could likely do research at the CDC

Reactions: 3 users