Good News From UCSD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GALLBLADDER

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently received an acceptance call from UCSD? If so, when?

Members don't see this ad.

GALLBLADDER said:
Has anyone recently received an acceptance call from UCSD? If so, when?

Didn't they meet yesterday (11/14) for a admissions meeting? I figured we'd have some notice this week but I could be wrong.

I got a call from Dr. Kelly on October 18th, the day after they had made their first batch of decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they are meeting on 11/28 too, something like every 2 weeks now

I'm waiting for the 28th meeting. I really want in!!

Dr. Keller said the admissions committee meets every other monday. They met yesterday (11/14) and they will meet in two weeks from then (11/28). Just wanted to see how long after they meet people are hearing back.

GALLBLADDER said:
Dr. Keller said the admissions committee meets every other monday. They met yesterday (11/14) and they will meet in two weeks from then (11/28). Just wanted to see how long after they meet people are hearing back.

Got the acceptance call today!

I was there 10/13 and apparently they made a decision on my file on 10/31. I received a letter the following Tuesday. Yes that means I was placed on the "acceptable list" or whatever they call it.

Congrats titoincali.

titoincali said:
11/1. I was there for the big Halloween bash!

Congrats! What time did Dr. Keller call?

GALLBLADDER said:
Congrats! What time did Dr. Keller call?

The call came at about 11AM. I was in class and I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at the screen and it said "unknown caller" but I had a feeling it was UCSD. I checked my messages right after class and I was right! I also got a call from one of my interviewers at noon congratulating me.

I got a call today too from her.... but I was away, and she left a message for me to call back. HMMM Good news I guess? I don't think they would leave a message for me to call back for a rejection right.??? RIGHT? :scared:

Guess I have to call back tomorrow....

If I get in this would be my first acceptance... so hypothetically speaking, the worst case scenario now would be spending the next 4 years surfing at blacks... :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
StevenRF said:
If I get in this would be my first acceptance... so hypothetically speaking, the worst case scenario now would be spending the next 4 years surfing at blacks... :love:

lol... haven't gotten to do that since freshmen year :)

StevenRF said:
I got a call today too from her.... but I was away, and she left a message for me to call back. HMMM Good news I guess? I don't think they would leave a message for me to call back for a rejection right.??? RIGHT? :scared:

It will definitely be good news, Congrats!

StevenRF said:

Sure it's going to be good news. Congrats in advance. When did you interview?
I interviewed last week. Waiting anxiously for the news.

GALLBLADDER said:

Hey Gallbladder, what was your opinion of the school and students?

titoincali said:
Got the acceptance call today!
Does this mean no Loyola?

titoincali said:
Hey Gallbladder, what was your opinion of the school and students?

The students were quite friendly. I truly believe that the environment was really nurturing. Several students stopped and asked me how my day was going and they were all willing to answer questions. I also liked that there was an actual medical school campus and the facilities seemed new and up to date. The administration was really gracious and seemed receptive to student concerns.

Flopotomist said:
Does this mean no Loyola?

I have absolutely NO idea which school I am going to pick. I pulling a Scarlett O'Hara right now and just saying "I'll think about it another day". In the end it might come down to financial aid. :confused:

GALLBLADDER said:

Interviewed on 10/31 which was funny since I drove home right after back to LA at like 90-100 so I could make my friends' parties... Oh yea I fell asleep during the free clinic video at the end. I swear they said the free clinic is free at least 100 times in that movie....

Their official policies are that they don't reject anyone and that they call everyone who gets in, so ya.

has anyone heard from UCSD lately?

i'm in the same boat anystream. Waiting for that UCSD phone call.... interviewed 11/10

anystream said:
has anyone heard from UCSD lately?

Nope, the committee had a meeting yesterday. From the past it seems like they get back to interviewers the following day. I am anxiously waiting.

I kind of wonder what's it like being in the meetings. You have the applicant's file.... You're inspecting it like u'd inspect a piece of meat. Make sure it's got the fat weaving through the red for maximum moisture and taste.

mmmm.... steaks...

Sorry off topic. Just gotta hold out for another 4 hours before i can go home and check my answer machine.

called? acceptable pool? what is this?

I interviewed on November 8. I just called the admissions office and they said that my file had been reviewed but the results of the committee's decision had not yet been revealed. They told me to call back on Thursday morning.

Anystream, when did you interview?

GALLBLADDER said:
I interviewed on November 8. I just called the admissions office and they said that my file had been reviewed but the results of the committee's decision had not yet been revealed. They told me to call back on Thursday morning.

Anystream, when did you interview?

I think the same day as you....hmm...your situation sounds good. maybe they are waiting for Dr. Kelly to give you a call? good luck!

anystream said:
I think the same day as you....hmm...your situation sounds good. maybe they are waiting for Dr. Kelly to give you a call? good luck!

Did anyone get a call from Dr. Kelly today?

There have been a few batches of people who have been called. It seems that in the past UCSD usually calls on a Tuesday. I was just wondering if anyone got a call on Tuesday, Nov. 29.

Did you interview at UCSD FutureDoc? If so, when?

I said i was not called on Nov 29th. I interviewed on Nov 10th.

Very nervous

It appears that someone already got called this morning according to the wall of fame thread.

Thought they met on the 28th.

Congrats btw seilienne

seilienne said:
Yep, Dr. K's on the phone today. They met last week.

Congrats!
When did you interview, seilienne?

*grin* thanks guys! I love these rolling admission schools. . .
Erm. . . I forget when I interviewed, lemme check. . . *disappears for a sec*
OK, I think it was on the 26th of September and I got my waitlist letter on the 10th of October. PM me if you have more questions. :)

wow already accepting off waitlist? definitely encouraging even if i dont get accepted now. Are you guys tempted to call Dr Kelly?

So I guess no calls today for those who interviewed around 11/10?

AxlxA said:
So I guess no calls today for those who interviewed around 11/10?
AxlxA, Did you call the Admissions office about your status?

No, I dont want to bother them because i imagine they must be getting a bunch of calls already.

just wondering how long after completion it took to get some kind of response.

depends temmie, took me about 1.5 months. or whatever it says in my mdapp.

A new day of anxiety!

Today is thursday, didin't someone say to call back on thursday? Gall?

Hope this is informative for those who are passing out with anticipation for this call.

I called into the admissions office and spoke w/ the lovely Yvonne and she informed me that our batch(nov 10th) hasn't been reviewed yet. Next meeting is Dec 12th and that's the final meeting of the year. So I guess we all have a few weeks to relax before this hype starts up again.

FutureDoc2005 said:
Any new news?

Tha adcom met again.

Dr. Kelly is calling (called) today.

Ah, damn it, it's now 17:36 pacific time, I guess I'm on the deferred list (or worse). Not that I was expecting to get in or anything, but one must hope.