Good source to review medical ethics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrectenw

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All-
Gearing up to take the CASPer for several of the schools I am applying to, and I was looking to review medical ethics- was wondering if any of you had suggestions on good books regarding medical ethics, bioethics, hot topic issues in healthcare, general sources that would be good prep for CASPer. Let me know! Thanks so much & good luck to everyone else who is also applying!
 
Hi All-
Gearing up to take the CASPer for several of the schools I am applying to, and I was looking to review medical ethics- was wondering if any of you had suggestions on good books regarding medical ethics, bioethics, hot topic issues in healthcare, general sources that would be good prep for CASPer. Let me know! Thanks so much & good luck to everyone else who is also applying!
The best way to study for CASPer is to not study for CASPer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think ethics in general may be good on reading up before Casper, but for the most part the scenarios are thematically random and most just involve applying common sense and mature interpersonal skills. Don't overthink it, be natural in your answers.

If you really feel the need to have a "strategy" going in, I saw someone suggest thinking like an Eagle Scout...i.e., think "how would a perfect straight-A Eagle Scout respond to this situation?"