MPH Got into Emory Global Epi MPH...Should I Defer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cadbery

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I'm actually deferring my enrollment for Emory to next fall for pretty similar reasons as you. I plan on searching for and applying to a lot of scholarships this next year, as well as gaining work experience. I just got a new job, and even though it is not exactly public health, I plan on gaining as much as I can from it and hopefully, I can continue to do similar work once I go to Emory next year or find some way to relate my experience to whatever I decide to do in grad school.

Honestly, even with working, and applying for scholarships, I will most likely end up still taking out a lot of loans for my MPH but I'm hoping I won't have to take out as much as I would have if I decided to go this fall. If you have the chance to do a fellowship at CDC, I say go for it! My goal is working at CDC (hence why Emory was my top choice :p) and I'm hoping to land some kind of position or volunteer/research opportunity there once I attend Emory! :D