Got stranded...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3toedsloth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a connecting flight today to go to an interview tomorrow.

I got to the airport bright and early, boarded the plane and got my spot in the very last row (you know, the seat by the bathroom that doesn't recline). They then asked me to move up to first class to balance out the weight of the plane. Breakfast + coffee + space for my feet.... my interview trip was off to a great start.

I arrived in the connecting airport and switched on my phone. My connecting flight was canceled, and they don't have any other flights there today. Sigh. So I'm going home, in 5 hours.

What interview mishaps have you guys had?

Members don't see this ad.

D
I had a connecting flight today to go to an interview tomorrow.

I got to the airport bright and early, boarded the plane and got my spot in the very last row (you know, the seat by the bathroom that doesn't recline). They then asked me to move up to first class to balance out the weight of the plane. Breakfast + coffee + space for my feet.... my interview trip was off to a great start.

I arrived in the connecting airport and switched on my phone. My connecting flight was canceled, and they don't have any other flights there today. Sigh. So I'm going home, in 5 hours.

What interview mishaps have you guys had?
Man that's rough :( Are they going to allow you to reschedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang on! That airline can't get you there. What about other airlines? It's midday on the East Coast -- surely someone can get you there!

Yeah, it was 10:30 am on the east coast when they had already said they don't have a flight for me today.

They said I could stay in this east coast city where I'm connecting tonight (in the airport, as hotels wouldn't be covered due to weather) and fly standby tomorrow. But the earliest flight tomorrow would get me there several hours late to the interview.

So I called the school, and they said I could reschedule. Airline will send me home tonight. What a wasted day, lol.

Not when I was interviewing, but still funny.

I was maybe 11 or 12, so I was an unaccompanied minor flying back home from New Mexico. I got to Denver and waited a few hours for my flight. I was looking out the window of the room we were held in and I told the people who were watching us that my flight was leaving as we spoke, but they didn’t believe me. About 30 minutes later, they walked me to my gate and WHAT DO YOU KNOW—everyone was gone. I was right about seeing my plane leave earlier. I ended up having to take the red-eye, which is very frowned upon for unaccompanied minors (not sure why). I ended up spending 13 hours in the Denver airport that day. On the plus side, they felt horrible and bought me whatever I wanted. I think I ate at like 4 restaurants that day and received $1,000 in free airfare :) also met a really cool German kid

Reactions: 4 users
If its weather-related and you're at a major airport flying into another major airport there is no doubt in my mind that you can fly on standby to where you want to go or that the airline will rebook you on a partner flight. It just takes a bit of fighting to get you there ;)

If its weather-related and you're at a major airport flying into another major airport there is no doubt in my mind that you can fly on standby to where you want to go or that the airline will rebook you on a partner flight. It just takes a bit of fighting to get you there ;)

Yeah, it's not a major airport tho.

Reactions: 1 user

He said they'll put him on standby the next flight out, but it's the next morning, and he'd be several hours late to the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow - what terrible luck! I hope you get it rescheduled and have the funds to get there!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile