Government bailing us out on student loans? Don’t count on it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Likkriue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
www.forbes.com/sites/adamminsky/2020/05/26/bleak-new-stats-for-public-service-loan-forgiveness---and-a-potential-fix/amp/

For June:

Average loan amount for students forgiven? 70k. Percent of people getting loans forgiven since eligibility began 2 years ago? 1-2%. Everyone else eats dirt. This is a 10 year plan and basically locked people into low paying jobs and ballooning interest accruals without delivering on promises.

Planning on doing paye or repaye so the government bails out your 1 million dollar loan amount after 20 or 25 years? Good luck.

Ive been following this for awhile now, since 2018 and Have had so many people hellbent on believing the government will forgive loans on large 500k+ dental school debts. PSA: they can’t even do 70k forget about 500k.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I'd surprised if any forgiven really. be careful with spending and you can pay back within 15-20 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Relying on a government program for financial independence? Yeah you probably aren’t destined for success in the future.

Trump has bailed me out 15k worth of interest so far on paused payments. My finances would be amazing if this was extended past the end of the year since most of my extra income goes towards loans

Reactions: 1 users
Relying on a government program for financial independence? Yeah you probably aren’t destined for success in the future.

Trump has bailed me out 15k worth of interest so far on paused payments. My finances would be amazing if this was extended past the end of the year since most of my extra income goes towards loans

Dude when I heard it was going all the way to The end of December I couldn’t believe it.

Reactions: 1 user
I demand free education and free healthcare!!! :poke: