GPA 3.53 MCAT 508 5 years experience in lab and clinical research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope12doctor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My numbers are low but I have strong experience in top hospitals and very good recommendation letters, I was a DIII athlete and have 4 years of volunteer work with underrepresented population. My GPA improved every year and science GPA is 3.48. I have NO interviews YET- I am panicking!! What do you think my chances are? I applied all MD no DO- I have not heard anything from 16 schools. Any advice is very appreciated?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? Which schools did you apply to ?
NJ resident - I applied to all 4 Jersey MD schools and most Pa schools except UPENN, NY Med, Quinnipiac, Albany and few others. 2 rejections and no reply from 18- portal still says under review. What do you think my chances are? NO INTERVIEWS thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Your NJ state schools are where your best chances are for an interview. The GPA-MCAT grid shows your chances for a MD acceptance are 50%. If no success this cycle apply broadly to DO schools next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Your NJ state schools are where your best chances are for an interview. The GPA-MCAT grid shows your chances for a MD acceptance are 50%. If no success this cycle apply broadly to DO schools next year.
thank you for your reply