GPA average question.. Even if you retake a class, you still end up with a C..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jungjh9001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you do really bad first time you take a class, and get either D or even F,
when you retake it and average it, you still end up getting a C.. (C- even..)
Then, do you have to take it again?!

In my school, we don't have + or - so then how does the admissions know exactly what you got for the class?..
(I heard that all of the pre-requisites have to be C- or above)

Members don't see this ad.

If you first got a F and then repeated the course and got a C... I think that one C is sufficient enough to "pass" the course, unless I am mistaken or your school does it differently.

Last edited:
I made a couple D's and F's during undergrad but my school had academic forgiveness and counted my B grade instead of the low grade when I retook the class. The D and F are still on my transcript but weren't figured into my GPA.

What really sucks is that PharmCAS averages both of the grades, so even though on my Baylor transcript it says I made a B in OChem II, PharmCAS has it listed as a 1.68 or something. So even if I took the class AGAIN and made an A, it wouldn't make a dent in the PharmCAS system (really unfair in my opinion).

I really hate PharmCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a couple D's and F's during undergrad but my school had academic forgiveness and counted my B grade instead of the low grade when I retook the class. The D and F are still on my transcript but weren't figured into my GPA.

What really sucks is that PharmCAS averages both of the grades, so even though on my Baylor transcript it says I made a B in OChem II, PharmCAS has it listed as a 1.68 or something. So even if I took the class AGAIN and made an A, it wouldn't make a dent in the PharmCAS system (really unfair in my opinion).

I really hate PharmCAS.

I feel the same way. Just dont dwell on it too much... :thumbup:

I really hate PharmCAS.

This is why I'm so grateful that not all schools (especially here in Texas) user PharmCAS.

OP, if you're worried about an F holding you down, look into schools that do not use PharmCAS. They'll usually post their grade policy on their sites or their admissions office will share it with you.