GPA calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ohcraneesuke

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I took post secondary courses in high school for college credit and didn't think that these grades would follow me. I did poor in 21 credit hours worth of classes and these courses that I entered in as transfer credits on my course work, were entered into and lowered by gpa by 0.2. So I went from a 3.7 to 3.5. This hurts me a low putting me from above average to below average gpa. I was wondering if there's any way to omit the grades from post secondary classes from my gpa calculation. I called and they told me it's not possible, even if I chose to not receive credit for those and take them again at my university. These are not any required courses for the schools I applied to. Is there any way I can change this or any argument I can make? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Firstly, a 3.5 is not a " below average" GPA. A 3.5 is the average for matriculating dental students. Secondly, there is no way to omit these classes. They count as college credit so they must be accounted for.

So I took post secondary courses in high school for college credit and didn't think that these grades would follow me. I did poor in 21 credit hours worth of classes and these courses that I entered in as transfer credits on my course work, were entered into and lowered by gpa by 0.2. So I went from a 3.7 to 3.5. This hurts me a low putting me from above average to below average gpa. I was wondering if there's any way to omit the grades from post secondary classes from my gpa calculation. I called and they told me it's not possible, even if I chose to not receive credit for those and take them again at my university. These are not any required courses for the schools I applied to. Is there any way I can change this or any argument I can make? Thank you

Yikes, that hurts. The good news is that 3.5 is a nice GPA. Also, you're not alone my friend- I took college courses in high school as well, and they dragged my GPA down too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Firstly, a 3.5 is not a " below average" GPA. A 3.5 is the average for matriculating dental students. Secondly, there is no way to omit these classes. They count as college credit so they must be accounted for.
I'm just banking on the chance that they look at my transcripts because my gpa for the last 45 credit hours is a 3.91

Of course they are going to look at your transcripts.