gpa range

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessly56

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i dont know how word this question but here goes. many schools give you an average gpa for those accepted to that school. i asked many schools their gpa range for last year enrolled students. for example, uop 's range is 2.8 something to 4.0. does anyone know if this range is the final gpa prior to enrollment (spring semester) or is this range the gpa at the time of acceptance (say somewhere around winter when letters were sent out). in other words, when someone applies around september, he has lets say a pharmcas gpa of 2.7 and was accepted in around december and plans to go to that particular school. when spring graduation arrives, he manages to pull his pharmcas gpa to 3.0.. when schools calculate their gpa average of their accepted students, would schools take his 2.7 (when he was accepted) or after ALL his grades are in and he graduates and his pharmcas gpa is 3.0.

Members don't see this ad.

why does it matter? well since its a california school, that person most likely will have their degree and complete at least 120 units. I don't think one semester will make such a big dfference in his/her GPA. Probably by 0.1.
IMO, I think the GPA is calculated when the student is accepted because some people have slacked off their last semester after they find out they have been accepted.