GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone ever been offered an interview with a school that they didn't meet all of the pre-requisites for? I applied to a school in August and then received an email that I didn't have a rec letter from a prof of a PT pre-requisite undergrad course (met all of the other requirements though). I didn't realize this was a pre-requisite until after I submitted my application and I wasn't planning on submitting one in the future, so I just figured after the deadline passed I would automatically receive a rejection letter. Much to my surprise, I received an email this afternoon saying that I've been extended an invitation to interview there in November. Is this odd or has this happened to people before?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They sent out interview invites for NIU today.
University: University of Alabama
Major: Exercise and Sports Science, Pre-Professional
Overall GPA: 3.4 from PTCAS 3.6 standard. science gpa: 2.9
GRE: Q: 158, V: 155 AW: 4.5
Extras: Pre-PT society, Member of a sorority, several other club involvements. President of NSLS.
Hours: ~500 at ortho outpatient clinic, 30 inpatient at a hospital, 90 hours in a special needs school setting,
LoR: 1 biomechanics professor, 2 PTs I interned under for credit hours through my program

Applied: Northern Illinois, Bradley U, Tenn State, Des Moines U, UIC, Western Mich, Rosalind Franklin

Acceptances: Bradley U

Interviews: TBD

Waitlists: TBD

Rejections: TSU (filled class with early decision apps)

Attending: TBD

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Update: Just got accepted to my top school, Drexel! :)

University: Immaculata University
Major: Exercise Science: Pre-Physical Therapy, minor in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.81
Pre-Req GPA: 3.72 (I think, could be lower)
GRE: 150 Q, 152 V, 5.0 AW
LOR: 1 from PT I did my internship with, 1 from my professor/academic advisor, 1 from my superior in the admissions department where I work

Extra-Curric: Played four years of Division III softball, work in admissions as a tour guide for the university, involved with New Student Orientation all 3 summers, work at a restaurant during summers/winters for 4 years, currently work at a different restaurant by school

Volunteer: ~200 hours of outpatient, acute, and sub-acute rehab combined, but mostly in outpatient orthopedics/neuromuscular; volunteer with an exercise program run at my school for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to promote fitness in these individuals; worked as part of an NPO (nonprofit) group at Lincoln Financial Field (go Birds!) in concession stands at the complex

Applied: Temple, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Widener, Rutgers, Stockton

Acceptances: Temple, Widener, Drexel

Rejections: (hopefully) none yet!

Interviews: Temple, Drexel, Widener, Thomas Jefferson

How long did it take for Temple to get back to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Just got accepted to my top school, Drexel! :)

University: Immaculata University
Major: Exercise Science: Pre-Physical Therapy, minor in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.81
Pre-Req GPA: 3.72 (I think, could be lower)
GRE: 150 Q, 152 V, 5.0 AW
LOR: 1 from PT I did my internship with, 1 from my professor/academic advisor, 1 from my superior in the admissions department where I work

Extra-Curric: Played four years of Division III softball, work in admissions as a tour guide for the university, involved with New Student Orientation all 3 summers, work at a restaurant during summers/winters for 4 years, currently work at a different restaurant by school

Volunteer: ~200 hours of outpatient, acute, and sub-acute rehab combined, but mostly in outpatient orthopedics/neuromuscular; volunteer with an exercise program run at my school for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to promote fitness in these individuals; worked as part of an NPO (nonprofit) group at Lincoln Financial Field (go Birds!) in concession stands at the complex

Applied: Temple, Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Widener, Rutgers, Stockton

Acceptances: Temple, Widener, Drexel

Rejections: (hopefully) none yet!

Interviews: Temple, Drexel, Widener, Thomas Jefferson

When did you send out your application for Thomas Jefferson? I applied about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

When did you send out your application for Thomas Jefferson? I applied about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.
I had all my materials in and verified by August 29th. I got an email about an interview September 4th, so the turn around time was pretty quick but I think it was because it was a little earlier in the process further from the deadline. I’d imagine since yours was a little closer to October 1st, since that’s when a lot of applications are due (I can’t remember what Jefferson’s deadline is), that’d be the reason for their delay in response.

University California State University, San Marcos
Major Kinesiology, Pre-physical therapy
Overall GPA 3.72
GRE V 154 Q 157 AWA 4.0
Xtras 281 research hours, 2390 clinical hours (inpatient & outpatient)
LOR 2 physical therapists, 2 professors

Applied USC (hybrid & residential), CSULB, Pitt, Boston University, MGH, Winston-Salem

Acceptances Pitt (10/16), USC (residential 12/9), MGH (12/17), USC (hybrid 1/3)

Waitlists

Rejections
Boston University

Attending

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone ever been offered an interview with a school that they didn't meet all of the pre-requisites for? I applied to a school in August and then received an email that I didn't have a rec letter from a prof of a PT pre-requisite undergrad course (met all of the other requirements though). I didn't realize this was a pre-requisite until after I submitted my application and I wasn't planning on submitting one in the future, so I just figured after the deadline passed I would automatically receive a rejection letter. Much to my surprise, I received an email this afternoon saying that I've been extended an invitation to interview there in November. Is this odd or has this happened to people before?

I just realized yesterday that there was one tiny detail of my Mayo application that didn't quite match up to their pre-reqs on PTCAS (it was the LOR, too- I didn't have one that matched one of their reqs, but rather two PTs and a Prof), but I was offered an interview. Guess that means they liked what they saw, anyway! Congrats!

I was waiting on a LOR from a professor/advisor for my Temple application (I only had two in at the time, but the other was just a professional rec from one of my bosses, unrelated to PT) but was offered an interview and was accepted anyway before the letter even got submitted!

University: Furman University
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.33
Pre-req GPA: 3.00
GRE: 153 Verbal, 158 Quantitative, 4.0 Writing
Extras: - 1600 hours of management experience at my summer job
- 1000 hours of experience on my fraternity's executive committee
- Club Powerlifting member
- 50 hours of research experience
- 140 clinical hours (inpatient and outpatient)
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor, 1 Supervisor

Applied: Augusta University, MUSC, South Carolina, Western Carolina, Duke, High Point

Acceptances:

Interviews
: Augusta (11/8), High Point (11/18), Western Carolina (11/22)

Waitlists:

Rejections:

Attending:

Last edited:
*Update*

Extras: Pre-PT society, Member of a sorority, several other club involvements. President of NSLS.
Hours: ~500 at ortho outpatient clinic, 30 inpatient at a hospital, 90 hours in a special needs school setting,
LoR: 1 biomechanics professor, 2 PTs I interned under for credit hours through my program

Applied: Northern Illinois, Bradley U, Tenn State, Des Moines U, UIC, Western Mich, Rosalind Franklin

Interviews: NIU

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Otterbein University
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: ~ 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: ~ 3.5
GRE: 150 on each section

Extra-Curric: Worked with kids with disabilities for 3 years and as a hospital transport aide for a summer. Played basketball at Otterbein for 3 years. Was involved with student government. Currently conducting research and have completed 5 case studies.

Volunteer: 140 shadow hours in multiple settings. Currently in a clinical with a PT so that will be added on. Over 800 hours of athletic training in different settings.

Applying: OSU, Ohio University, Elon, Emory, Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown State and possibly Kentucky

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Emory (11/15)

Wichita State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.33
Pre-req: 3.5-3.6
GRE: 155 verbal, 150 quantitative, 4.0 written

Extra curriculars: 500+ hours as a student athletic trainer working with athletes in and out of the training room (switched major after sophomore year), Exercise Science student Organization, Track and field athlete, Parkinson's fitness practicum, Intern at a large health club, rehab tech in a outpatient orthopedic clinic for 1 and a half years.
PT Hours: 2000+ outpatient orthopedic (as a tech), 40 acute/inpatient hours (mainly neuro/cog), 40 hours outpatient VA clinic.

Applied: CU Denver, Army-Baylor, Baylor University (Hybrid), KU Medical Center

University: Florida Atlantic University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.98
Pre-Req GPA: 3.97 (along those lines)
GRE: Q: 153 V: 155 AW: 4.5

Hours: 8 inpatient, 4 SNF, 403 outpatient (aquatic therapy, neuro, etc.)

Extra-Curric: Pediatric Rehab Volunteer, Student intern for hospital rehab (for academic credit)

Applied: U Miami, FIU, NOVA

Acceptances: N/A

Rejections: N/A

Interviews: FIU (11/13)

It's nice to finally be able to post here! Fingers crossed for getting in the first time applying :)

Last edited:
That’s the same day I applied and I’ve heard nothing :-(
It's alright- I applied before that and nada. I'm thinking they'll wait to see my grades since I'm taking a huge chunk of my pre-reqs this semester. There could be plenty of reasons we're not in this round. Don't worry about it for now - I personally think you're in good company. ;)

It's alright- I applied before that and nada. I'm thinking they'll wait to see my grades since I'm taking a huge chunk of my pre-reqs this semester. There could be plenty of reasons we're not in this round. Don't worry about it for now - I personally think you're in good company. ;)

I also applied to Emory and haven’t heard from anything either

University: William Jewell College
Major: Psychological Science
Overall GPA: 3.69
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.63 - 3.85 (depending on school)
Last 60 hrs: 3.94
GRE: Q: 152 V: 153 AW: 3.5

Hours: 1,200 outpatient, 596 inpatient

Extra-Curric:
Student-athlete, student representative for WJC Institutional Review Board, rehab tech in an outpatient clinic and an inpatient rehab hospital, CPR/AED certified

LORs: 1 professor, 2 PTs that I worked with as a tech

Applied: University of Missouri (Mizzou), Central Arkansas (UCA), Wichita State, Missouri State, Southwest Baptist (SBU)

Acceptances:
N/A

Interviews: Mizzou (11/2), Missouri State (11/23)

Last edited:

Have you heard from Western Michigan about an interview? It’s my top school and I’m starting to get stressed

University: University of Houston
Major: Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Minor in Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.39- PTCAS generated
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-ish
GRE: 141V 150Q 3.0A 3rd time
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 Supervisor
Volunteer: (190total) 80 Aquatic, 60 Pediatric Outpatient, 25 Pediatric Inpatient, 25 Land/Ortho

Applied: Loma Linda U, AT Still U, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos Fall 2020), Rocky Mountain U, West Coast U, Wingate U, Midwestern U, Regis U

Rejections: Loma Linda, Rocky Mountain U, Regis U

Interviews: USA (2/11)
Waitlist: AT Still U, Midwestern U

Last edited:
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-ish
GRE: 142V 144Q 3.0A :( will be retaking a 3rd time in November.
Volunteer: 80 Aquatic, 60 Pediatric Outpatient, 25 Pediatric Inpatient, 25 Land/Ortho

Applied: Loma Linda U, AT Still U, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos Fall 2020), Rocky Mountain U, Florida Gulf Coast U, West Coast U, Wingate U, Midwestern U

Interviews: N/A
Have you heard anything from Wingate? I’ve tried emailing a few times and haven’t heard anything.

Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-ish
GRE: 142V 144Q 3.0A :( will be retaking a 3rd time in November.
Volunteer: 80 Aquatic, 60 Pediatric Outpatient, 25 Pediatric Inpatient, 25 Land/Ortho

Applied: Loma Linda U, AT Still U, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos Fall 2020), Rocky Mountain U, Florida Gulf Coast U, West Coast U, Wingate U, Midwestern U

Interviews: N/A
With your GPA (not stellar, but not terrible) you should be kicking the GRE better. Have you been applying maximum effort to your GRE studies? What have been your study aides?

With your GPA (not stellar, but not terrible) you should be kicking the GRE better. Have you been applying maximum effort to your GRE studies? What have been your study aides?
ETS official book, Magoosh online, Gregmat Youtube videos. Took it twice about 2months apart only improved by 2 points. Do you have any tips?

ETS official book, Magoosh online, Gregmat Youtube videos. Took it twice about 2months apart only improved by 2 points. Do you have any tips?
I also had the ETS book and purchased the Magoosh prep online. I took it twice, only a month a part and my verbal score increased 5 points and my quantitative increased 6 points. I scored the same on the writing both times (4.5). The GRE was a HUGE stressor for me and I do not consider these types of tests one of my strengths whatsoever. But I did my best to do as many practice problems as I could, do as many vocab flashcards as I could, learned how to write the essays and took a couple practice tests. With the GRE... practice, practice, practice! The questions are generally structured the same so if you can brush up on the information needed (i.e. for quantitative) and learn how to answer the questions you should see an improvement!

Major:Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA:3.5
Pre-Req GPA:3.6-3.8(depending on school)
GRE:75th percentile reading, 35th percentile math, 4.0 writing

Extra-Curric:N/A didnt have time because I had to work.

Volunteer:Special Olympics volunteer

Acceptances: UNM

Rejections: RMU(Math GRE didnt meet minimum) NAU

Interviews:Texas Tech, AT Still, UNM, Belmont(declined), Regis

Last edited:
University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.9
Pre-req GPA:
GRE: 152/156 Verbal, 161/157 Quantitative, 5.0/5.0 Writing (took it twice - sent both tests to every school).
Extras:
-320 hrs as Athletico rehab aide
-150 hrs inpatient rehab hospital
-50 hrs various settings (athletic training, aquatic therapy, outpatient)
-Academic chair and philanthropy committee for sorority.
-Pre-PT and Kinesiology Student Association clubs
-Research assistant (Exercise Immunology Lab)
-Dean's list
-Honors student
-National Honors Society
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Kinesiology Professor, 1 Boss

Applied: UIC, Northwestern, UW-Madison, Indiana University, Midwestern-Downers Grove, Rosalind Franklin, University of Iowa

Acceptances: Northwestern (10/16), Midwestern (11/14), UIC (12/12)

Interviews: Iowa (11/8) (declined), Midwestern (11/12), Rosalind Franklin (1/4)

Waitlists: UW-Madison (12/13)

Rejections: Indiana (didn't complete a class requirement - didn't look at my application).

Attending: N/A

Last edited:
Update!! First Acceptance :)

Undergrad:
University of Southern Maine
Overall GPA: 3.92
Pre-Req GPA: 3.95ish
GRE Scores: 157Q 152V AW 4.0
Hours: 95 outpatient (2 different clinics), 40 inpatient rehab, 16 acute
Also have 600+ athletic training clinical hours in 4 different settings
LOR: 2 PTs (1 director of physical therapy, 1 PT/ATC), 2 professors (1 program director of AT)
Extra-Curricular: 4 years division III soccer, ATSA Vice President
Volunteer: Special Olympics Maine, Maine Marathon, Maine Coast Marathon
Honors: Deans list (every semester), All-Academic team LEC, LEC Offensive player of the week

Applied: UNE, UMass Lowell, MGH, BU, URI, Northeastern, UMiami, USF, Nova, Simmons, RMUoHP

Interviews: UNE (9/20), UM (10/25)

Rejections:
Waitlist
:
Acceptances: UNE (9/25)
UPDATE!! ACCEPTED TO UMIAMI!!! :) Also have an interview at RMUoHP on 12/6!!

*UPDATE*

Undergrad
: University of Missouri - Columbia (Mizzou)

Major: Health Science - Rehabilitation

Overall GPA: 3.51

Last 60 Hours GPA: 3.85

Pre-Req GPA: 3.67-3.95 (depending on school)

GRE Scores: 154Q 152V AW 5.5

Hours: 80 Hours in nursing home, 20 hours in outpatient orthopedics

LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor (physiology lab professor), 1 supervisor

Extra-Curricular: President of Safe Sisters (Greek Life Advocacy group), Involved in greek life for 4 years, Pre-PT Organization, Anatomy undergraduate TA

Volunteer: Cedar Creek Therapeutic Riding Center (2 years), Walk to End Alzheimer's, MizzouThon (dancethon for children's miracle network)

Honors: Deans list and academic scholarship

Applied: Mizzou, Midwestern - Downers grove, University of Indianapolis, Indiana State University, University of Evansville, Missouri State University, University of Arkansas MS

Interviews: Midwestern University (10/2), University of Indianapolis (11/22), Mizzou (11/1), Missouri State (11/23), University of Evansville (12/7)

Acceptances
: TBD

Rejections: TBD

I know my cumulative GPA is a little lower than normal. Do my stats seem good otherwise? This is my first round applying and I am super nervous but excited to see where I can get in!

Last edited:
*UPDATE*

Undergrad
: University of Missouri - Columbia (Mizzou)

Major: Health Science - Rehabilitation

Overall GPA: 3.51

Last 60 Hours GPA: 3.85

Pre-Req GPA: 3.67-3.95 (depending on school)

GRE Scores: 154Q 152V AW 5.5

Hours: 80 Hours in nursing home, 20 hours in outpatient orthopedics

LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor (physiology lab professor), 1 supervisor

Extra-Curricular: President of Safe Sisters (Greek Life Advocacy group), Involved in greek life for 4 years, Pre-PT Organization, Anatomy undergraduate TA

Volunteer: Cedar Creek Therapeutic Riding Center (2 years), Walk to End Alzheimer's, MizzouThon (dancethon for children's miracle network)

Honors: Deans list and academic scholarship

Applied: Mizzou, Midwestern - Downers grove, University of Indianapolis, Indiana State University, University of Evansville, Missouri State University, University of Arkansas MS

Interviews: Midwestern University (10/2), University of Indianapolis (11/22), Mizzou (11/1), Missouri State (11/23)

Acceptances
:

Rejections:

I know my cumulative GPA is a little lower than normal. Do my stats seem good otherwise? This is my first round applying and I am super nervous but excited to see where I can get in!
That 3.5 GPA is still great, so congrats! Plus your pre-req GPA is stellar, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. You're super involved and have good GRE scores, so I think you will do great! Good luck with your interviews, don't stress too much! We all got this :)

Have you heard from Western Michigan about an interview? It’s my top school and I’m starting to get stressed
I got an email today saying that they sent out interview invites and if a spot opened up they would let me know, otherwise they would be moving to the next step of the application. So somewhat of a waitlist?

Undergrad: Mississippi State University
Major: Kinesiology (concentration in Clinical Exercise Physiology)

Overall GPA: 3.47
Last 60 Hours GPA: 3.66
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.7 (depending on school)
GRE Scores: 312 (155V, 157Q); 4.0W

Hours: 2000+ outpatient orthopedics, 40 inpatient, 22 skilled nursing
LOR: 1 PT, 1 academic advisor/professor, 1 previous supervisor

Extracurricular: involved in Greek life for 4 years, Exercise Science Honor Society, Social Media Manager for Love Your Melon MSU, Order of Omega Honor Society
Volunteer: The Big Event, Small Group Leader for 11th graders at church, Crossroads Ministry, various philanthropy events through my sorority
Honors: President's list (2 semesters), Dean's list (2 semesters), Academic Scholarship, MTAG scholarship, MESG scholarship

Applied: University of Mississippi Medical Center, South Alabama, Georgia State, Mercer, University of Arkansas, Tennessee State, St. Augustine (Austin Summer 2020 cohort)

Interviews: Mercer (10/25), Georgia State (11/22), St. Augustine (12/6- declined), Arkansas (12/6), UMMC (1/13)

Acceptances: Mercer, Georgia State

Waitlist: Arkansas

Rejections: Tenn State (filled class with early decision only)

I feel like my GPA's are too low, so I went into this process with low expectations. But I also think once you get the interview, they aren't looking at all those stats anymore, they just want to get to know you. So I'm hoping my experience as a tech and semi competitive GRE will help me out!!!

Last edited:
Undergrad: Temple University

Overall GPA: 3.62 (3.56 PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.6 (depending on school)
GRE Scores: 1st (142Q 142V AW 3.0), 2nd (148Q 137V 3.5 AW)

Hours: 130 Hours in outpatient orthopedic, 24 hours in inpatient hospital, 30 hours in inpatient orthopedic rehabilitation
LOR: 2 PT, 1 professor, 1 supervisor
Extra-Curricular: Pre-PT Organization, Filipino Organization
Volunteer: Chosen 300, Boutique at the Rink, Arts Quest
Honors: Deans list (2 semesters)

Applied: TJU (8/16). USciences (8/16), Temple (9/13), Gannon-Erie (9/16), Scranton (10/6)
Interviews: TJU (10/24), USciences (11/21), Temple (12/13)
Acceptances: TJU (10/30)
Waitlists:
Rejections:

do you have an instagram or twitter I can DM you on? we have similar stats and I'm looking to apply to the same exact schools including Temple but I have some questions!

Undergrad: Rutgers University New Brunswick
Major: Health Administration

Overall GPA: 2.99 (PTCAS)
Last 60 Hours GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3-3.6 (depending on school)
GRE Scores: 304 (153 V 151 Q)

Hours: 1000+ Outpatient, 15 Pediatrics
LOR: 2 Physical Therapists, 1 Fitness Manager, 1 Prof.

Extracurricular: NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Physical Therapy Aide
Volunteer: 100+ Hours Doctors Office
Honors: 2 Dean's List

Applied: UNE, USA, Rutgers North, South, USciences, Regis, Seton Hall, Rocky Mountain, TSU, Mary Baldwin, Bellarmine, Marymount, South, Emory and Henry, UMiami, Southwest Baptist, Campbell

Interviews: USA, Rutgers North, Emory and Henry, TSU

Acceptances: USA (Miami Summer)

Rejections: UNE, Rocky Mountain

Waitlist: TSU

Undergrad: Columbia College of Missouri
Major: English Literature

Overall GPA: 3.62 (PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8 (For now. Side eying physics.)
GRE Scores: 302(155 V 147 Q) 4.5 AWA

Hours: Over 400 in a mixture of outpatient/in-patient
LOR: 1 PT, 1 PTA

Extracurricular: ACE Certified Personal Trainer/CSCS, SORBA member
Volunteer: SORBA
Honors: 4 Dean's List

Applied: University of St. Augustine

Acceptances: TBD

Rejections: TBD

• Love
University: California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
Degree(s): B.S. Kinesiology (Conc: Exercise Science) 18', A.A-T Kinesiology 16'
PTCAS Cum. GPA: 3.60
Pre-Req GPA: 3.51-3.72 (Avg: 3.61)
GRE: V: 154, Q: 153, AW: 5.0
Extra-Curric: Nine seasons of cross country/track and field, kinesiology department student-council chair (transfer representative), distance club officer, misc. volunteering, worked part-time during college
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 Professor, 1 Instructor/Coach
Volunteer: 349hrs Outpatient (PT Clinic), 52hrs Inpatient (Skilled Nursing Facility and Sub-acute Rehabilitation Facility)
Extra Info: Last 60units: 3.81, post-baccalaureate: 4.00, Chem II and Microbiology currently in progress
---------------------------------
Applied: CSUN, CSULB, CU Denver, George Fox, Mount Saint Mary's, Pacific University, Regis, Texas Women's (Houston), UCSF/SFSU, West Coast
Rejections: Pacific University, CU Denver
Waitlist: TBD
Interviews: UCSF/SFSU (1/10-1/11, attending), West Coast (1/31, attending)
Acceptances: TBD
---------------------------------
Good luck everyone! Now it's just a waiting game...

Last edited:
University: Otterbein University
Overall GPA: ~ 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: ~ 3.5
GRE: 150 on each section

Extra-Curric: Worked with kids with disabilities for 3 years and as a hospital transport aide for a summer. Played basketball at Otterbein for 3 years. Was involved with student government. Currently conducting research and have completed 5 case studies.

Volunteer: 140 shadow hours in multiple settings. Currently in a clinical with a PT so that will be added on. Over 800 hours of athletic training in different settings.

Applying: OSU, Ohio University, Elon, Emory, Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown State and possibly Kentucky

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Emory (11/15) Ohio (11/22) Toledo (12/13) Dayton (12/13)

^^^ update

Last edited:

Did you just hear from Toledo today? Do you know if they sent out all first round interview invites

Did you just hear from Toledo today? Do you know if they sent out all first round interview invites
I do not know if that was just the first round and I did just hear back from Toledo less than 3 hours ago. I also heard back from Dayton about an hour after and they have the same interview date. If I cannot reschedule with Toledo I will be attending the Dayton one.

University California State University, San Marcos
Major Kinesiology, Pre-physical therapy
Overall GPA 3.72
GRE V 154 Q 157 AWA 4.0
Xtras 281 research hours, 2390 clinical hours (inpatient & outpatient)
LOR 2 physical therapists, 2 professors

Applied USC (hybrid & residential), CSU Long Beach, UPitt, Boston University, MGH, Winston-Salem

Acceptances UPitt

Interviews

Waitlists

Rejections

Attending
Congrats on Pitt! When did you submit to Pitt?

Undergrad: University of Tampa
Major: Allied Health, Psychology minor
Overall GPA: 3.91
Pre-Req GPA: I think its around a 3.7 I have mostly A's and a couple B's
GRE Scores: Q-153 V-156 AW-4.0
Hours: 180 outpatient as a pt aide, 40 in a wellness/prevention outpatient clinic, 50 in acute inpatient, and 40 in pediatrics in two different hospitals
LOR: 2 pt's, 1 professor, 1 employer

Applying to: University of Rhode Island, University of New England, University of Delaware, University of Hartford, Marymount University, MGH institute of health professions, University of Colorado, University of South Florida, and University of st. augustine (miami campus)

Extracurriculars: work for the YMCA as a gymnastics coach for about a year, president of pre-pt/ot club, anatomy&physiology student assistant and tutor, orientation leader, volunteer work in an elementary school and a senior living facility

Any feedback on if my stats are competitive or on the admissions process as a whole would be much appreciated!

Update!!

Interviews: UNE (9/20) Marymount (11/23) USA Miami (11/1 but I declined) URI (1/7)

Acceptances: UNE

Is anyone else going to be attending the URI interview in January??

Update!!

Interviews: UNE (9/20) Marymount (11/23) USA Miami (11/1 but I declined) URI (1/7)

Acceptances: UNE

Is anyone else going to be attending the URI interview in January??
I was at the same UNE interview! I was invited to interview at URI but I will be out of the country from January 4th-11th. I had previously emailed with someone in the department explaining my circumstances and they offered to have me come in another day or a skype interview. I just called the number in the email and left them them a voicemail. I really wish I could attend one of the actual interview days!

Undergrad: William Jessup University

Major: Kinesiology- exercise science

Overall GPA: 3.92 (PTCAS)

Pre-Req GPA: something around 3.92

GRE Scores: 157Q 149V AW 4

Hours: 90 Hours outpatient PT clinic/OT clinic, 25 hours inpatient

LOR: 2 PT, 1 professor (physiology lab professor), 1 supervisor

Extra-Curricular: Student athlete (basketball), Eagle Scout

Volunteer: Second harvest food bank, serving food at Union gospel mission women's shelter, Eagle Scout project

Honors: Student athlete honors, academic scholarship, Eagle Scout Award

Applied: Eastern Washington University, Pacific University, U of Washington, University of Puget Sound, Idaho State University

Interviews: Pacific (in person-1/11/20) and Idaho State (Online- 11/18/19)

University: UNLV
Overall GPA: 3.39
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4
GRE: 149V/151Q/5.0W

Extra: 1000+ hours as PT tech, 20-30 hours in acute care, wound care, pediatrics, employee health

Volunteer: 1 year volunteer for hospital staff in ortho/neuro units, yoga teacher for people w MS, for health festivals, kids festivals, and for special needs kids, also work for nonprofit to teach kids yoga in foster care

Acceptances: Midwestern- Glendale (11/2)
Touro University *declined* (2/4)

Waitlisted: UNLV (2/11)

Rejections: NAU, U of Colorado, U of North Texas

Interviews: UNLV, Midwestern

Still waiting to hear from Franklin Pierce (AZ)... anyone hear from them yet?

Wanted to post my stats to show people that a holistic application will help you too if your GPA & GRE aren’t competitive. Don’t give up!
Do you mind me asking what the interview for Midwestern looked like? I have my interview with them soon!