GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone!
Just curious if anyone else is interviewing at Temple on 12/13.

Members don't see this ad.

School: University of Florida
Applied: UF, USF, UCF, FIU, UNF, Washington University in St. Louis, University of Miami, Ohio State, Midwestern - Downer's Grove, Rosalind Franklin, University of Vermont
Interview: Rosalind Franklin (12/6), Ohio State (12/14), Midwestern (declined), UCF (1/31), UNF (declined)
Waitlist: Ohio State, UCF, UF
Accepted: Rosalind Franklin, University of Vermont, WashU!!!
Rejected: USF (didn't meet minimum science GPA), University of Miami
Attending: Washington University in St. Louis

Last edited:
UPDATE!

Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: University of Pittsburgh, Chatham, George Washington University, Marymount, Virginia Commonwealth University, MGH IHP, Ohio State University, Ohio University

#1 choice: George Washington University

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh (11/12), Chatham (11/14), GWU (11/26), Ohio University (12/2), Marymount (12/2)
Interview granted: Chatham (interviewed 11/2), GWU (11/15), Marymount (11/23), Ohio University (11/22), MGH IHP (12/7), Ohio State (12/14)
Waitlisted: None yet
Denied: None yet
Attending: GWU (committed 11/29)
Hi! Congratulations on committing to GWU! When did you apply to their program/how soon did you hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
University: UNLV
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.39
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4
GRE: 149V/151Q/5.0W

Extra: 1000+ hours as PT tech, 20-30 hours in acute care, wound care, pediatrics, employee health

Volunteer: 1 year volunteer for hospital staff in ortho/neuro units, yoga teacher for people w MS, for health festivals, kids festivals, and for special needs kids, also work for nonprofit to teach kids yoga in foster care

Acceptances: Midwestern- Glendale (11/2)
Touro University *declined* (2/4)

Waitlisted: UNLV (2/11)

Rejections: NAU, U of Colorado, U of North Texas

Interviews: UNLV, Midwestern

Still waiting to hear from Franklin Pierce (AZ)... anyone hear from them yet?

Wanted to post my stats to show people that a holistic application will help you too if your GPA & GRE aren’t competitive. Don’t give up!
Why did you reject Touro if you don't mind me asking?

Hey guys! I think despite my lower GPA, my resume is decently strong. Let me know if you think I have a chance!

University: University of North Texas
Overall GPA: 3.4
Post Bach: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.0-3.2 depending on school
GRE:158V 151Q 4.0AWA

Extra-Curric: Tons of theatre, Dance, Singing gigs, Actor's Equity member, Co-founder of a production company that recently crowdfunded 10,000 dollars.

Volunteer/observation:
50+ hours of volunteer work at a hospice care facility.
3000+ hours working as a Tech at Outpatient Clinic
150 Hours inpatient observation

Acceptances: None yet

Applied: UNTHSC, UTHSC, OUHSC, FGCU, TSU, UCA, UC, USA, UTMB, UTEP, Texas Tech, FSU

Rejections: University of Central Arkansas, University of Colorado

Interviews: FGCU (declined to attend), UNTHSC, UTHSC, TSU

Waitlist: TSU, UNTHSC

Update:
Rejected from UTMB, we're on a roll! :rofl:

UPDATE - FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!

University
: Furman University
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.33
Pre-req GPA: 3.00
GRE: 153 Verbal, 158 Quantitative, 4.0 Writing
Extras: - 1600 hours of management experience at my summer job
- 1000 hours of experience on my fraternity's executive committee
- Club Powerlifting member
- 50 hours of research experience
- 140 clinical hours (inpatient and outpatient)
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor, 1 Supervisor

Applied: Augusta University, MUSC, South Carolina, Western Carolina, Duke, High Point

Acceptances: High Point (12/3)

Interviews: Augusta (11/8), High Point (11/18), Western Carolina (11/22)

Waitlists: Augusta, MUSC

Rejections:

Attending: Currently planning on attending High Point!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
UPDATE - FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!

University
: Furman University
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.33
Pre-req GPA: 3.00
GRE: 153 Verbal, 158 Quantitative, 4.0 Writing
Extras: - 1600 hours of management experience at my summer job
- 1000 hours of experience on my fraternity's executive committee
- Club Powerlifting member
- 50 hours of research experience
- 140 clinical hours (inpatient and outpatient)
LOR: 1 PT, 1 Professor, 1 Supervisor

Applied: Augusta University, MUSC, South Carolina, Western Carolina, Duke, High Point

Acceptances: High Point (12/3)

Interviews: Augusta (11/8), High Point (11/18), Western Carolina (11/22)

Waitlists: Augusta

Rejections:

Attending: Currently planning on attending High Point!
Hi! When did you hear back from HPU? I applied on October 1st and haven't heard back.

Hi! When did you hear back from HPU? I applied on October 1st and haven't heard back.
I can't remember the exact dates, but i applied mid October and got a call for an interview the next week.

Anyone else get accepted to University of Iowa? Any thoughts/comments about the program? I’m out of state and trying to decide if I want to go there

Anyone else get accepted to University of Iowa? Any thoughts/comments about the program? I’m out of state and trying to decide if I want to go there

When did you interview? I’m still waiting to hear back from them

I'm an undergraduate there currently and still waiting to hear back. I know a bit about the program and the university in general if you'd like to DM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
School: University of Florida
Applied: UF, USF, UCF, FIU, UNF, Miami, Ohio State, Midwestern - Downer's Grove, Rosalind Franklin, University of Vermont
Interview: Rosalind Franklin (12/6), Ohio State (12/14)
Waitlist:
Accepted:
Rejected:
Congrats on the interviews!! When did you apply to Rosalind Franklin? What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing! I applied to Rosalind late September and still haven’t heard back. I’m getting anxious!

UPDATE!

-----------

Undergraduate: Mount Holyoke College, BA in Neuroscience and Behavior
PTCAS Undergrad GPA: 3.94
GRE: 164 V, 162 Q, 5.5 W
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor, 1 manager
Observation hours: 549 total, 496 verified:
  • 444 outpatient orthopedic
  • 85 outpatient specialty (79 neurological, 6 pelvic floor)
  • 20 inpatient (assisted living and rehab hospital)
Extra: Worked for 1.5 years as a fitness instructor, worked full-time after undergrad for 2.5 years in a biochemistry lab, exercise phys and organic chemistry lab TA, a few clubs (undergrad/grad), 1 month volunteering abroad in undergrad

Applied: UNE, CU Denver, Regis, MGH, U of Puget Sound, Franklin Pierce (NH and AZ), Arcadia
Interviews: UNE (11/8), CU Denver
Rejections:
Acceptances: UNE, Franklin Pierce (NH and AZ), Arcadia :D

Still waiting to see how the Colorado interview goes and if I get an interview with Regis because I would really love to go back to my home state.
Congratulations to everyone on their acceptances so far!

UPDATE!

-----------

Undergraduate: Mount Holyoke College, BA in Neuroscience and Behavior
PTCAS Undergrad GPA: 3.94
GRE: 164 V, 162 Q, 5.5 W
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor, 1 manager
Observation hours: 549 total, 496 verified:
  • 444 outpatient orthopedic
  • 85 outpatient specialty (79 neurological, 6 pelvic floor)
  • 20 inpatient (assisted living and rehab hospital)
Extra: Worked for 1.5 years as a fitness instructor, worked full-time after undergrad for 2.5 years in a biochemistry lab, exercise phys and organic chemistry lab TA, a few clubs (undergrad/grad), 1 month volunteering abroad in undergrad

Applied: UNE, CU Denver, Regis, MGH, U of Puget Sound, Franklin Pierce (NH and AZ), Arcadia
Interviews: UNE (11/8), CU Denver
Rejections:
Acceptances: UNE, Franklin Pierce (NH and AZ), Arcadia :D

Still waiting to see how the Colorado interview goes and if I get an interview with Regis because I would really love to go back to my home state.
Congratulations to everyone on their acceptances so far!
Congrats on your acceptances! When did you hear from Arcadia? And was it an email or hard copy?

Acceptances: None yet

Applied: UNTHSC, UTHSC, OUHSC, FGCU, TSU, UCA, UC, USA, UTMB, UTEP, Texas Tech, FSU

Rejections: University of Central Arkansas, University of Colorado

Interviews: FGCU (declined to attend), UNTHSC, UTHSC, TSU
I'm curious why you declined an interview without acceptances yet. Was there something in particular you learned about that school? Not trying to judge- I just automatically committed to any interview I got at first because who knew if the others would accept me.

I'm curious why you declined an interview without acceptances yet. Was there something in particular you learned about that school? Not trying to judge- I just automatically committed to any interview I got at first because who knew if the others would accept me.
I totally understand! Well, the dates for FGCU and UTHSC were right after the other(One was Friday the other Saturday). I didn’t have the ~700 dollars it would cost to book two flights so close together so I had to choose. Florida would have put me near 200,000 dollars in debt if I got accepted whereas I’d be closer to just 100,000 in Tennessee. So I chose Tennessee, although I would have loved to attend both.

Reactions: 1 user
I totally understand! Well, the dates for FGCU and UTHSC were right after the other(One was Friday the other Saturday). I didn’t have the ~700 dollars it would cost to book two flights so close together so I had to choose. Florida would have put me near 200,000 dollars in debt if I got accepted whereas I’d be closer to just 100,000 in Tennessee. So I chose Tennessee, although I would have loved to attend both.
That makes sense. Thanks for the response and good luck to you!

UPDATE!

Regular Decision: University of Pittsburgh, Chatham, George Washington University, Marymount, Virginia Commonwealth University, MGH IHP, Ohio State University, Ohio University

#1 choice: GWU??? VCU???

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh (11/12), Chatham (11/14), GWU (11/26), Ohio University (12/2), Marymount (12/2), VCU (12/6)
Interview granted: Chatham (interviewed 11/2), GWU (11/15), Marymount (11/23), Ohio University (11/22), MGH IHP (12/7), Ohio State (12/14)
Attending: ??? I committed to GWU last week before hearing from VCU that I was accepted. Now I don't know what to do! Because I kind of want to stay in the DC area, but VCU is a great program and like HALF the cost of GWU! ACK!!! o_O HELP!

UPDATE!

#1 choice: GWU??? VCU???

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh (11/12), Chatham (11/14), GWU (11/26), Ohio University (12/2), Marymount (12/2), VCU (12/6)
Attending: ??? I committed to GWU last week before hearing from VCU that I was accepted. Now I don't know what to do! Because I kind of want to stay in the DC area, but VCU is a great program and like HALF the cost of GWU! ACK!!! o_O HELP!
Half the cost? Dude, that's pretty significant... if it's a great program, what are your reasons for not going other than kinda wanting to stay in the area?

Half the cost? Dude, that's pretty significant... if it's a great program, what are your reasons for not going other than kinda wanting to stay in the area?
The main reason is that I’m part of a faith community here that is literally like family. And I wouldn’t know anyone there. I just hate to leave the home I have here in my community. But... ‍:shrug:

Has anyone heard from Rosalind Franklin? I submitted my app Sept. 28th and have not heard anything since other than an email in mid-October saying "we believe you demonstrate strong credentials and you are still under continue consideration. . . ."
Not sure if this is good or bad seeing the initial email said we would hear back in 6 weeks and it has been 9!

Has anyone heard from UCF?
Im still waiting as well :(, they sent out an email yesterday saying they are finalizing the interviews for next Thursday and Friday and they will reach out about interviews for the January interview before the year is over.

Reactions: 1 users
Im still waiting as well :(, they sent out an email yesterday saying they are finalizing the interviews for next Thursday and Friday and they will reach out about interviews for the January interview before the year is over.

I got that email too. I hope we both hear from them! I feel like I have a good application overall, only thing I’m worried about with UCF is the GRE is really important to them and my scores for that aren’t the most competitive. And I applied on the later side

Hi All! I'm new to the thread and just want some to hear back from some other students who might be in a similar position as I am because I am starting to get discouraged... Has anyone heard back from Gannon-Erie, Slippery Rock or Mount Union?

University: Bowling Green State University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.36
Pre-Req GPA: 3.1
GRE: verbal: 148 quantitative: 141 writing 4.0

Extra-Curricular: phi sigma pi national honors fraternity, physical therapy club, student exercise science association, softball coach

Volunteer/Observation: 15 hours of pediatric PT, 75 hours of outpatient PT, 18 hours in a neurological PT setting

Applied: Ohio State, Youngstown, Toledo, OU, Walsh, Gannon-Erie, Slippery Rock, and Mount Union

Acceptances:

Rejections: Ohio State, Youngstown, Toledo, OU, Slippery Rock

Interviews:

Last edited:
I got that email too. I hope we both hear from them! I feel like I have a good application overall, only thing I’m worried about with UCF is the GRE is really important to them and my scores for that aren’t the most competitive. And I applied on the later side
Yes I agree and my scores aren't that great either and they said this year they're weighing GRE and GPA higher. They also said they will favor those who finish the prereqs but I'm still in the process of completing two right now. Good luck! Keep me updated.

Hi All! I'm new to the thread and just want some to hear back from some other students who might be in a similar position as I am because I am starting to get discouraged... Has anyone heard back from Gannon-Erie, Slippery Rock or Mount Union?

Extra-Curricular: phi sigma pi national honors fraternity, physical therapy club, student exercise science association, softball coach

Volunteer/Observation: 15 hours of pediatric PT, 75 hours of outpatient PT, 18 hours in a neurological PT setting

Applied: Ohio State, Youngstown, Toledo, OU, Walsh, Gannon-Erie, Slippery Rock, and Mount Union

Acceptances:

Rejections: Ohio State, Youngstown, Toledo, OU, Walsh

Interviews:
called gannon-erie the other day and they said that they don't conduct interviews and won't have an answer for whether or not we're accepted until february

called gannon-erie the other day and they said that they don't conduct interviews and won't have an answer for whether or not we're accepted until february
thanks for that information! that seems so far away!

I have a friend who recently found out she was accepted to Gannon-Erie? Not sure if they tell people in waves or what....

Acceptances:

Interviews:
When did you hear back from Youngstown? I haven’t heard anything

Acceptances:

Interviews:
Heard back from Gannon-Erie over Thanksgiving break by mail. Then got an email this past week.

I'm an undergraduate there currently and still waiting to hear back. I know a bit about the program and the university in general if you'd like to DM me.
hahahaha you’re in my metabolic lab. this is wild lmao

When did you hear back from Youngstown? I haven’t heard anything
I heard back a while ago but I don't think I made it far into their application process because of one of my grades in Chemistry.

Yes I agree and my scores aren't that great either and they said this year they're weighing GRE and GPA higher. They also said they will favor those who finish the prereqs but I'm still in the process of completing two right now. Good luck! Keep me updated.
Yea I went to their open house in July and that was said which kind of sucks :/ I graduated in 2018 so I have eveything finished, I'm just hoping my GRE is good enough. A friend of mine got a call for an interview last week but hopefully they're still making calls. Good luck to you as well, let me know if you hear anything!

Has anyone heard from Rosalind Franklin? I submitted my app Sept. 28th and have not heard anything since other than an email in mid-October saying "we believe you demonstrate strong credentials and you are still under continue consideration. . . ."
Not sure if this is good or bad seeing the initial email said we would hear back in 6 weeks and it has been 9!
So I applied in late August and had a September interview. I'm currently on the waitlist, but have heard there is one more interview date in January apparently so maybe you will be invited to that one?

So I applied in late August and had a September interview. I'm currently on the waitlist, but have heard there is one more interview date in January apparently so maybe you will be invited to that one?
Thank you for the info! Yes I hope so. I feel if I were denied they would have let me know by now (hopefully lol). I heard someone get an interview who submitted their application after mine but I still haven’t heard anything... which seems strange, but must be part of their process.

University California State University, San Marcos
Major Kinesiology, Pre-physical therapy
Overall GPA 3.72
GRE V 154 Q 157 AWA 4.0
Xtras 281 research hours, 2390 clinical hours (inpatient & outpatient)
LOR 2 physical therapists, 2 professors

Applied USC (hybrid & residential), CSU Long Beach, Pitt, Boston University, MGH, Winston-Salem

Acceptances Pitt, USC (residential)

Interviews MGH (open house) 12/7

Waitlists

Rejections

Attending
Update! Accepted to USC (residential) today!

University: Michigan State University
Overall GPA: 3.5
GRE: 148 Verbal, 150 Quant, 4.0 Writing

Applied to: Oakland, Wayne, Gvsu, Fgcu, South College, Nova Southern, Marshall, Emory and Henry, Duke, Miami

Acceptances: tbd

Rejections: tbd

Interviews: Fgcu (12/13), South (11/29), Marshall (1/2), Emory and Henry (1/11)

Last edited: