GPA's This Semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.69 This was a tough finals week.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's a fun thread. Why do you asshats have to whine about it being a GPA circle jerk? It obviously is one.

I don't get the militant resistance to self-congratulatory threads when they give a chance for other people to get in on the feel-goods.

hey, I wasn't being insulting. I can admire circlejerkery right along with the best of 'em.

"Circlejerkery." I wish I could fit that in my PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, I wasn't being insulting. I can admire circlejerkery right along with the best of 'em.

"Circlejerkery." I wish I could fit that in my PS.

I abhorred the circlejerky nature of most premeds, so I fled to Africa to help out a small AIDS orphanage.

I don't know if you intend this to come off as it does, but I take it as you saying a ~3.7 is horrible, and its not.

Haha, yeah I must have come off the wrong way. This is one of my better semesters and I was just commenting on finals week. I did not me to sound so gunner-esque.

I abhorred the circlejerky nature of most premeds, so I fled to Africa to help out a small AIDS orphanage.

If boosting your med school chances was a reason for doing that you are an even bigger douche than us.

Yeah right. Would you want a doctor working on you knowing that he only had a 3.7 GPA???
This is why I request a college transcript from any new doctor I see.

One time a friend of mine accidentally cut part of my arm with a chainsaw, and in the ER, some doc started treating me. I said "Hey, doc! Yeah, you! I'm not going to consent to you treating me until I have a copy of your undergraduate transcript, as well as a transcript from any graduate or post-secondary institution you took coursework at before starting medical school."

Good thing I did, because it turns out he'd gotten an A- in microbiology in junior year of college. I instantly switched off to another physician, one who had actually gotten good grades in college.

Unfortunately, the new doc made a wrong call and I ended up losing the entire arm, went into a coma, almost died, and am now hooked up to a large machine to keep me alive, but I don't blame it on him; if a doc with a 4.0 college GPA couldn't do better, nobody could.

If boosting your med school chances was a reason for doing that you are an even bigger douche than us.

I am facepalming so hard right now it hurts.

3.83 :)

6 classes (18 credits) with 5 of them science. I'm gonna try avoiding a schedule like this for the next couple of semesters haha. Finals week sucked!

A+ in Microbiology but a B+ in Orgo 1 sigh

This is why I request a college transcript from any new doctor I see.

One time a friend of mine accidentally cut part of my arm with a chainsaw, and in the ER, some doc started treating me. I said "Hey, doc! Yeah, you! I'm not going to consent to you treating me until I have a copy of your undergraduate transcript, as well as a transcript from any graduate or post-secondary institution you took coursework at before starting medical school."

Good thing I did, because it turns out he'd gotten an A- in microbiology in junior year of college. I instantly switched off to another physician, one who had actually gotten good grades in college.

Unfortunately, the new doc made a wrong call and I ended up losing the entire arm, went into a coma, almost died, and am now hooked up to a large machine to keep me alive, but I don't blame it on him; if a doc with a 4.0 college GPA couldn't do better, nobody could.

This is pretty funny...and true if I do say so myself, I was the one that cut his arm. ;).

I originally posted that I thought I was going to get a 3.7, but I underestimated my grades and ended up gettig a 4.0! I only took 4 classes though. I am making up for it this semester though with 18 credits, hopefully I can keep up the GPA!