SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

grad courses, but no degree

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by flpostbac, Jun 3, 2002.

  1. flpostbac

    flpostbac Member 10+ Year Member

    May 30, 2002

    According to AMCAS, how do you classify graduate-level courses taken after graduation from a bachelor's but not culminating in a degree? Is it 'Post-bacc undergrad' or 'Graduate'? My undergrad institution places these courses under post-baccalaureate on my transcript, and includes it into the undergrad GPA calculation.

    Any help is appreciated.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Sweet Tea

    Sweet Tea Girl Next Door Physician 10+ Year Member

    If it's on your transcript as "post-bacc", I would put it as post-bacc on the AMCAS. AMCAS is going to recalculate your GPA anyway, and from what I hear the folks at AMCAS like to see courses listed exactly as they appear on your transcript. So if you list them the same way as they appear on your transcript you should be fine.
  4. u2ecila

    u2ecila Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    Jul 11, 2001
    VA area
    If it is a grad level course, AMCAS says you must put it as so. Don't select undergrad, unless it is actually an undergrad course. Under Degree, select 'No Major Expected'.

    Check out this link: <a href="" target="_blank">AMCAS Application Instruction Manual</a>

    It explains everything!


Share This Page