grad courses, but no degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flpostbac

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

According to AMCAS, how do you classify graduate-level courses taken after graduation from a bachelor's but not culminating in a degree? Is it 'Post-bacc undergrad' or 'Graduate'? My undergrad institution places these courses under post-baccalaureate on my transcript, and includes it into the undergrad GPA calculation.

Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If it's on your transcript as "post-bacc", I would put it as post-bacc on the AMCAS. AMCAS is going to recalculate your GPA anyway, and from what I hear the folks at AMCAS like to see courses listed exactly as they appear on your transcript. So if you list them the same way as they appear on your transcript you should be fine.

Hi,
If it is a grad level course, AMCAS says you must put it as so. Don't select undergrad, unless it is actually an undergrad course. Under Degree, select 'No Major Expected'.

Check out this link: <a href="http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/2003instructionbook.pdf" target="_blank">AMCAS Application Instruction Manual</a>

It explains everything!

:)
u2ecila