Grad school or Upper division science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scooter31

'Ello Guv'nah!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what classes to take next semester, and was wondering what would be more favorably looked upon, grad classes or upper division science ones. I'm doing some postbac work currently as well as taking a couple of grad classes, mostly for enjoyment, but also for preparation for a possible PhD if going to med school doesn't pan out. I can either fit in a MPH class or a immunology class next semester, and was curious which one would help boost the GPA a little more and show AdComs that I am capable of doing work at the level that they desire in prospective students. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

hi scooter, don't take immunology if you don't have to! it was one of the most difficult classes i ever took as an undergrad...comparable to p-chem. oh man, it gives me shivers just thinking about the all-nighters i pulled for that class! i suggest you take epidemiology courses w/in the MPH. there not too challenging and you'll learn practical information concerning preventive medicine and community health, i.e. brownie points w/ primary-care schools. best of luck!

Thanks for the skinny Joe Joe..... Epidemiology- yes. Immuno- avoid like I would my ex girlfriend. Good lookin out.....