Grades After Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatiscollege321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here guys! This post is kind of embarrassing, but I feel like I need to ask this none the less. I recently got accepted into my school of choice, but grades slipped to a point that I am not use to. Heres a quick rundown of a potential scenario that I may be facing.

I applied to college X with a 3.9 GPA. After the fall semester, I ended with a 3.83. I was accepted in the spring. I fear I might end with a 3.0 GPA this spring semester, which could push my cumulative GPA to a 3.7. I would not be failing any class but I can see my grades being in a range from A to C. Could this be a scenario in which I would lose my acceptance. I already called the school but could not get a straightforward answer.

I, of course, will be working extremely hard to prevent this case. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Could this be a scenario in which I would lose my acceptance.
No. Also, use your question marks.

I already called the school but could not get a straightforward answer.
Rookie mistake, dude. I see no reason to have called them, since the call will only make them wonder if you're failing all your classes now. In the future, don't draw attention to yourself unnecessarily.

Also, don't obsess over having called them. Let sleeping dogs lie, and congrats on your coming matriculation!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
I recently got accepted into my school of choice, but grades slipped to a point that I am not use to. Heres a quick rundown of a potential scenario that I may be facing.

I applied to college X with a 3.9 GPA. After the fall semester, I ended with a 3.83. I was accepted in the spring. I fear I might end with a 3.0 GPA this spring semester, which could push my cumulative GPA to a 3.7. I would not be failing any class but I can see my grades being in a range from A to C. Could this be a scenario in which I would lose my acceptance. I already called the school but could not get a straightforward answer.

I, of course, will be working extremely hard to prevent this case.
I see you have your status listed as Pre-Dental. If true, this is the wrong forum in which to ask your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
You gotta polish up your attention to detail.

Just pass your classes and get the best grades you can. You’re fine.

And listen to @HomeSkool, don’t call attention to yourself when you don’t have to.

Reactions: 1 user