Grades conversion school to school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Esmolol

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Silly question - a have seen a lot of schools operate on the Honors/High Pass/Pass scale. Our school does the good old ABCs. A is a 90% B is 80%, C is 70%. So is a B "equivalent" to a high pass?

Members don't see this ad.

Silly question - a have seen a lot of schools operate on the Honors/High Pass/Pass scale. Our school does the good old ABCs. A is a 90% B is 80%, C is 70%. So is a B "equivalent" to a high pass?
Irrelevant, really, because you can't transfer from school to school.
I will play though.
My guess
Honors = A
High Pass = B
Pass = C or D

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Irrelevant, really, because you can't transfer from school to school.
I will play though.
My guess
Honors = A
High Pass = B
Pass = C or D
Yeah - hence the quotation marks on "equivalent."

Members don't see this ad :)
Your question is somewhat meaningless - or perhaps better said: you're asking the wrong question.

The meaning of Honors varies so much between schools. At some schools, 15% get honors. At others, 85% get honors. One school was Honors / Fail during COVID. So "converting" A/B/C to H/HP/P is much less important than what the grade distribution is at your school, and what you get.

And don't get me started on the school that now has High Honors / Honors / Almost Honors.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Geeezzz... I didn't even know it's such a huge mess. Thanks!

Your question is somewhat meaningless - or perhaps better said: you're asking the wrong question.

The meaning of Honors varies so much between schools. At some schools, 15% get honors. At others, 85% get honors. One school was Honors / Fail during COVID. So "converting" A/B/C to H/HP/P is much less important than what the grade distribution is at your school, and what you get.

And don't get me started on the school that now has High Honors / Honors / Almost Honors.
That’s just what a “Near Honors” student would say.

Reactions: 1 user
Even if everyone used A B C the difficulty of exams obviously varies from school to school and even class year to class year

IMO it probably helps more to figure out an individual’s personal preferences, assuming each subject is weighted fairly to each other subject in a particular school