Graduate Resumes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SportEhab120

Physical Therapist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in the process of putting together my new resume to give to vendors at a career day we are having here on my campus? They usually have dozens of PT clinics (outpatient, inpatient, and home health) that will be in attendance, and I want to be as marketable as possible on paper. I'm trying to get some offers or calls by at least the beginning of this Spring semester. To those who have done post-DPT resumes, what tips can you offer to help me stand out? I REALLY want a career in the outpatient orthopedic setting with an emphasis on sports injuries, but I AM keeping an open mind to other settings as well. Thanks
 
My suggestion, I would research good ortho/sports med clinics in your area and send them your resume vs. hoping to find one at a job fair. Most won't go to job fairs as they get their fair share of applicants already.

As for resume, that's kinda hard to answer on a forum. Just make sure you really state why you are more qualified than the next candidate based on your clinical experiences. And really highlight your sports specific and ortho experiences.