GRE SCORES, Clinical Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsAmira

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently wrote the GRE and I got 156-V, 150-Qt and 5.0 AWA.

I am overall pleased with my scores, but I am concerned about my math score. I am planning on applying to Clinical Psychology. The school I am looking at has an average for Qt around 151 (so I am not too far off). It's just hard to tell how my scores stand compared to other psyc students applying for Clinical programs. Any feedback would be great! :)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I recently wrote the GRE and I got 156-V, 150-Qt and 5.0 AWA.

I am overall pleased with my scores, but I am concerned about my math score. I am planning on applying to Clinical Psychology. The school I am looking at has an average for Qt around 151 (so I am not too far off). It's just hard to tell how my scores stand compared to other psyc students applying for Clinical programs. Any feedback would be great! :)

Thanks
Thats good enough to use to apply.

In all honesty, I am not sure that is a competitive score for most programs. However, if the school you are looking at has an average score that is only one point higher than your own, then you are in GREAT shape for the program you'd like to enter, at least GRE wise.

I only say it may not be competitive at most universities because I have been noticing scores of ~160 in each. But again, for your purposes, it is great! Congrats on finishing that awful thing!

In all honesty, I am not sure that is a competitive score for most programs. However, if the school you are looking at has an average score that is only one point higher than your own, then you are in GREAT shape for the program you'd like to enter, at least GRE wise.

I only say it may not be competitive at most universities because I have been noticing scores of ~160 in each. But again, for your purposes, it is great! Congrats on finishing that awful thing!

Yeah, thanks! I'm so glad to be done with that which is why I don't wanna have to write it again unless I absolutely need to. I have a lot of research/volunteer experience and Letters of References. My overall GPA from my recent university is 3.9 ... so I'm hoping that can help balance out my GRE scores.... I also have to write the psyc GRE but I'm pretty confident I'll do well in that one. ^_^