Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been peering through some of the threads on here for the past week. Would love to get some insight on whether or not you guys think I have a shot at some of the schools I am applying to for this cycle.
Graduated from VCU in 2010 and was able to secure a really good GPA (3.9 BCPM/cumulative). Was feeling burnt out so I decided to take gap years before considering medical school. Joined an Americorps program this past year. While I loved my experience, the 12-hour days left me with little time for anything else. Was happy that I got any MCAT studying done. Took it in April and got a 28P (VR11, BS8, PS9). Worried about my science scores (especially BS). Would a low BS hurt me that much?
Planned to take it again in August but eventually decided against it because my practice tests weren't showing much improvement and I was juggling my time between ending my year with Americorps and starting an internship at an AIDS clinic in San Francisco.
I understand that I should have set aside more time to re-study for the MCAT (but to be honest I would rather not have to take that test again - it's taken enough of my life...). But I would appreciate some comments on whether I have a shot to the following schools:
UCSF
UC-Davis
UC-Irvine
USC
Loyola
BU
UConn
Tufts
Temple
UMaryland
GWU
GU
VCU
EVMS
UVa
VTech
My ECs are good. I also have in-state status in Virginia.
What do you guys think??? 🙂
Graduated from VCU in 2010 and was able to secure a really good GPA (3.9 BCPM/cumulative). Was feeling burnt out so I decided to take gap years before considering medical school. Joined an Americorps program this past year. While I loved my experience, the 12-hour days left me with little time for anything else. Was happy that I got any MCAT studying done. Took it in April and got a 28P (VR11, BS8, PS9). Worried about my science scores (especially BS). Would a low BS hurt me that much?
Planned to take it again in August but eventually decided against it because my practice tests weren't showing much improvement and I was juggling my time between ending my year with Americorps and starting an internship at an AIDS clinic in San Francisco.
I understand that I should have set aside more time to re-study for the MCAT (but to be honest I would rather not have to take that test again - it's taken enough of my life...). But I would appreciate some comments on whether I have a shot to the following schools:
UCSF
UC-Davis
UC-Irvine
USC
Loyola
BU
UConn
Tufts
Temple
UMaryland
GWU
GU
VCU
EVMS
UVa
VTech
My ECs are good. I also have in-state status in Virginia.
What do you guys think??? 🙂