Greatest Medical School Applicant Ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard that when his med school app finally verified that 3 caribbean schools actually tried to apply to attend hwang...can anyone verify?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that when his med school app finally verified that 3 caribbean schools actually tried to apply to attend hwang...can anyone verify?

That made me lol. Hwang doesn't attend medical school, medical schools attend Hwang. :laugh:

I can't believe people actually care about how "great" a medical school applicant is. I think William Hwang is remarkable, in the way that a freak is remarkable.

So you think the same thing that you cant believe people actually care about.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be quite honest, I'd rather be out drinking with friends than working on the millionth edit of my third book. People like this are impressive, no doubt, but I would never actually want to be that impressive.

So you think the same thing that you cant believe people actually care about.

1331105001794.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

I was just stating that it was odd that you said "I can't believe people actually care about the most impressive applicant" (or something along those lines) "I'm just really impressed, like i would be with a freak" (or something along those lines)

That's exactly what other people are too, they're not saying like "OMG WE ONLY THINK HE'S IMPRESSIVE CUZ HE'S A MED SCHOOL APPLICANT"

they're impressed in the same way you are, it just so happens that he happens to be a medical school applicant.

ya know bruhh?? you feel me? you smell me?

How all of that can be done while majoring in multiple engineering disciplines and physics is beyond me.

Wait, he's Electrical; those guys can do anything.

So this guy had how many majors? ....

So this guy had how many majors? ....

"His undergraduate majors at Duke University were in biomedical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and physics with a minor in chemistry."

...so either 3 or 4 majors (depending on if electrical engineering is separate from computer engineering at Duke) + a minor in chem.

Weak.

How all of that can be done while majoring in multiple engineering disciplines and physics is beyond me.

Wait, he's Electrical; those guys can do anything.

And getting all A+ except for one (which was an A)... at Duke... :wow:

Seriously, where does Hwang get the time for all that schoolwork + extracurricular activities?

Once in a generation type student?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, where does Hwang get the time for all that schoolwork + extracurricular activities?

Once in a generation type student?

Methamphetamine is a hell of a drug

Hwang does it again. :thumbup: Shattering egos from the womb and beyond.

I thought the kicker was being captain of the volleyball team but NO no I read another sentence aaaand he is also a violinist... WTF WTF WTF. I can believe the first part as being your overachieving nerdy bookworm, but he is also an athlete and a musician!!?!? edit... AND an author

Last edited:
I thought the kicker was being captain of the volleyball team but NO no I read another sentence aaaand he is also a violinist... WTF WTF WTF. I can believe the first part as being your overachieving nerdy bookworm, but he is also an athlete and a musician!!?!?

He was probably pushed to the limit by his tiger mom

Last edited:
His name...is WILLIAM HWANG!

Call of the search, mates.

http://www.pdsoros.org/current_fellows/index.cfm/yr/2008

Brace yourselves for immediate feelings of inadequacy and awe.

:D

What even. How do you major in Chemical Biology, Electrical Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering all in three-four years of undergrad?!?! Varsity volleyball captain, first violinist, undergrad newspaper senior editor... Does he sleep??

William Hwang is a robot. No one could possibly do all that stuff and still have time to sleep.

Smiter, I bet there are quite a few things you could school him in. :eek:

His amazing bio forgets to mention that he forgot to ever have a childhood or life. He will get to 50 and realize he has never had a beer with friends, gotten mustard on his shirt at a baseball game, or likely kissed a member of the opposite sex.

Watch him also be engaged to a model. :laugh:

What even. How do you major in Chemical Biology, Electrical Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering all in three-four years of undergrad?!?! Varsity volleyball captain, first violinist, undergrad newspaper senior editor... Does he sleep??

You left out his BS in physics and his minor in chemistry lol.

I didn't look at the links, but don't get too carried away with MDapps. Many (most?) of those profiles are people that are living out their fictitious application fantasies online in hopes that someone will connect the not-so-elusive dots, figure out who they are, and have newfound respect for them on campus.

I didn't look at the links, but don't get too carried away with MDapps. Many (most?) of those profiles are people that are living out their fictitious application fantasies online in hopes that someone will connect the not-so-elusive dots, figure out who they are, and have newfound respect for them on campus.

Lol what. Please tell me you met someone that did this.

thats just sad

Jesus! I actually know these people!!! Lol. I will direct this thread to them. Hehe

Found this pic of The Hwang on Google.

D04083.jpg

LOL POWER COUPLE

Jesus! I actually know these people!!! Lol. I will direct this thread to them. Hehe

Tell him to make an account, come in here, and explain to us how he sleeps while you're at it.

Unfortunately, yes...

I think the ones that swimmer125 pointed out are legit though.

Of course we can't know for sure lol but I have faith that NickNaylor's is legit... I mean, for someone to put in that much time into an MDApp's only for it to be fake just seems a little unreal. Especially DAPI's.. it's extremely detailed and gives a lot of good advice, I just can't imagine someone putting *that* much effort into it when it's not real.

Again, I know that we can't be sure which ones are real and which are not.. but the ones that have multiple top school interviews and acceptances, and then outrageously amazing extracurricular's without long well explained descriptions, are the ones that I would look out for. You just have to use your own judgement and it's fairly easy to figure which ones not to trust.

Hopefully having a life?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgMdz2fe0CY[/YOUTUBE]

I feel like volleyball & violin count as playing. It's maybe a much more high-functioning kind of "downtime" than watching a lot of tv, but it's still doing something that's not science, is social, and I imagine is enjoyable.

Plus, the parties he goes to are not going to be on his CV. I know I don't put them on mine.

I feel like volleyball & violin count as playing. It's maybe a much more high-functioning kind of "downtime" than watching a lot of tv, but it's still doing something that's not science, is social, and I imagine is enjoyable.

Plus, the parties he goes to are not going to be on his CV. I know I don't put them on mine.

HUGE mistake, you'll never get into med school now!!

I want to ask him which DO schools he applied to.

Does anybody else think it'd be awesome if we could somehow set up a Q&A with this guy for SDN?