gross anatomy the movie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdasd12345

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i rented the movie gross anatomy. it was pretty good. is this a fairly accurate depiction of medical school? do people really end up taking speed because the stress and pressure is so intense? what about the teachers coming around and grilling people randomly? can anyone else recommend any decent medical movies other than patch adams

Members don't see this ad.

B00008L3U4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Doctor is a good, albeit older, movie about a cocky surgeon who is diagnosed with cancer and then sees the workings modern medicine through the eyes of a patient. Definitely worth watching.

Gross Anatomy is an awesome movie! It's actually what got me started on the medical school path.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about Doctor Zhivago? That's got the WORD "doctor" in it.

Just giving a shout out to my Russian peeps.

i hope being a doctor is like Scrubs, otherwise i don't want to be one ;) hehe, jk!

today's med students are smarter. they take adderol instead of speed.

Originally posted by Rendar5

haha, yup that is very popular for undergrads to. I have many friends that take adderal almost like they are addicted to it, of course they are procrastinators.

the movie Stitches (1985) is supposed to be pretty accurate.

Originally posted by Rendar5

People who take this drug for anything other than (valid!) clinically diagnosed ADHD are sad. Rotations and residency are going to destroy them because they are incapable of learning without medication.

Originally posted by JunkintheTrunk
i hope being a doctor is like Scrubs, otherwise i don't want to be one ;) hehe, jk!

but it is man...it is!

Oh, and Flatliners is accurate.

you know, before I volunteered at the ER in Berkeley, I thought working in the ER was like the TV show. (but not as extreme)

But after about two months at the ER, there had been no 500 car accidents in berkeley nor any 1000 gallon acid spills, and I sadly realized my days would be filled with pushing patients to radiology and wiping down gurneys punctuated by "emergency" drunk homeless people that needed several people's help to be restrained.