• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

asdasd12345

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2004
Visit site
Status
i rented the movie gross anatomy. it was pretty good. is this a fairly accurate depiction of medical school? do people really end up taking speed because the stress and pressure is so intense? what about the teachers coming around and grilling people randomly? can anyone else recommend any decent medical movies other than patch adams

PepperdineP-MED

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Visit site
Status

The Doctor is a good, albeit older, movie about a cocky surgeon who is diagnosed with cancer and then sees the workings modern medicine through the eyes of a patient. Definitely worth watching.

lilmo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2004
Status
Gross Anatomy is an awesome movie! It's actually what got me started on the medical school path.

About the Ads

JunkintheTrunk

Blondes are smrt
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2003
The Mitten
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i hope being a doctor is like Scrubs, otherwise i don't want to be one ;) hehe, jk!

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
Originally posted by Rendar5
today's med students are smarter. they take adderol instead of speed.
haha, yup that is very popular for undergrads to. I have many friends that take adderal almost like they are addicted to it, of course they are procrastinators.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status
Originally posted by Rendar5
today's med students are smarter. they take adderol instead of speed.
People who take this drug for anything other than (valid!) clinically diagnosed ADHD are sad. Rotations and residency are going to destroy them because they are incapable of learning without medication.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by JunkintheTrunk
i hope being a doctor is like Scrubs, otherwise i don't want to be one ;) hehe, jk!
but it is man...it is!

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
you know, before I volunteered at the ER in Berkeley, I thought working in the ER was like the TV show. (but not as extreme)

But after about two months at the ER, there had been no 500 car accidents in berkeley nor any 1000 gallon acid spills, and I sadly realized my days would be filled with pushing patients to radiology and wiping down gurneys punctuated by "emergency" drunk homeless people that needed several people's help to be restrained.

About the Ads