Gross Things I Have Eaten

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My wife still makes fun of me for eating BBQ chicken feet at a dim sum place. I thought it was pretty good. Not a lot of meat on them though.
Tried that on Monday. Very crunchy, but the skin is good.

Members don't see this ad.

If you had ever seen what those chicken feet looked like when they came off the chicken you would think twice about eating them. Having worked in a poultry processing plant, I don't think there is anything you could do in preparing the feet that would convince me that all of the crap (literally) was cleaned off of them. :)

Food Network should do an Iron Chef competition using ingredients found in a hospital floor kitchen. It definetly takes some creativity to come up with something palatable.

Members don't see this ad :)
possum, hog brains and scrambled eggs, squirrel brains and I'm sure I've eaten some other stuff too. Not in the same meal either have you.

#1) Fishgut soup, with blood cubes. Wasn't too bad. Liked the fried fishguts, didn't like the blood cubes too much.

#2) Pigs intestine soaked in blood gravy. This sucked, won't ever eat it again.

#3) Pigeon. This was great. Would eat it in a heart beat...or is that with a beating heart?

#4) Rabbit. Too tough, got to cook it when its young.

I'm off for a snack.

Wook

nutria rat- for those that don't know this is like a nasty cross of rat with beaver, they come out to about 15 lbs and look just like a rat. I killed it, skinned it, and fried myself. Perhaps I didn't not reach the proper cooking temp, or perhaps that paticular animal should never be eaten....but the fun I had for the next 48 hours! Explosive diarrhea while camping will put a damper on your wilderness adventure.
So basically a muskrat? Yeah, I'd resort to cannibalism before I ate one of those....it is only slightly better than the idea of eating possum.

i was in ecuador and ate a guinea pig which they served deep fried with an avocado....and lemon flavored ants when i was in an amazon that suprisingly tasted good too.