Gunnar Glasses

Started by stevemtl
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stevemtl

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I have perfect 20/20 vision, however, I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, so to preserve my eyesight I decided to purchase nonprescription Gunnar glasses (http://www.gunnars.com/insiders_faq.php) that are specifically designed to reduce computer-related eyestrain.

The only problem is, I found out that Gunnar lenses boast a 0.2 magnification.

My question is, even if it's only 0.2, isn't that bad for my eyes, given that I have 20/20 vision?

Won't my eyes get used to this 0.2 magnification and then I won't be
able to see well without the glasses on?😕
 
You may subjectively like the 0.2M after you adapt to the gunnars, but they won't change any of the physiology of the eye so you will therefore still be able to see 20/20.




Hello,

I have perfect 20/20 vision, however, I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, so to preserve my eyesight I decided to purchase nonprescription Gunnar glasses (http://www.gunnars.com/insiders_faq.php) that are specifically designed to reduce computer-related eyestrain.

The only problem is, I found out that Gunnar lenses boast a 0.2 magnification.

My question is, even if it's only 0.2, isn't that bad for my eyes, given that I have 20/20 vision?

Won't my eyes get used to this 0.2 magnification and then I won't be
able to see well without the glasses on?😕
 
Hello,

I have perfect 20/20 vision, however, I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, so to preserve my eyesight I decided to purchase nonprescription Gunnar glasses (http://www.gunnars.com/insiders_faq.php) that are specifically designed to reduce computer-related eyestrain.

The only problem is, I found out that Gunnar lenses boast a 0.2 magnification.

My question is, even if it's only 0.2, isn't that bad for my eyes, given that I have 20/20 vision?

Won't my eyes get used to this 0.2 magnification and then I won't be
able to see well without the glasses on?😕

Dude,

You've totally been taken to the cleaners, I just hope you didn't buy the $200 pair. You may like the power in the lenses, but really it shouldn't not make a difference unless you have a functional vision problem, also any tint or anti-reflective coating is entirely useless or a computer lens. You know those cheap glasses they sell off the rack at the drug-store, these are basically the same thing, only they most 10x as much or more. I guess they look cooler though. 🙄