This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scribePT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm curious about the MPH programs at George Washington U. Does anyone have experience in applying to this school? Or are you currently attending an MPH program there? Which one?

And what do you like about Washington, DC?

My interests lie in their MPH/Peace Corps program, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with that too. It would even be nice to hear that you know someone who has done this before. Is this joint program new to GW?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started their MPH program in epidemiology last week. I'm not in the Peace Core program though. I imagine that is much more competitive to get into. What concentration are you interested in?

My favorite part of DC right now: the Smithsonian :love:. Spent the whole day there yesterday, and will go again tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @Pudu2009 , belated congrats on getting into GW! :highfive: (Ahhhh, who wouldn't love to be able to spend time at the Smithsonian whenever they had the chance!? How fun!)

Right now, I'm pursuing my undergrad studies in Sociology with a focus on medical sociology. At the moment, I'm interested in the Epidemiology program or the Global Environmental Health (edit)!
How are you liking it thus far (well, maybe a week isn't enough time to soak it all in)?
May I ask what you studied prior to joining the MPH program? And what were the determining factors for choosing GW over other MPH programs?

Last edited:
I was a bio major. I chose GW for all of the opportunities in DC. I didn't apply to any top 10 programs since I had a low GPA. GW was actually a far reach, so it was a huge surprise when I got the acceptance letter. I had four to choose from, and GW was the best.