H1 B visa abolished??!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldemon

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
As many of you must be aware, a new bill has been introduced in the US Congress urging the government to abolish the H1B visa category.

An Indo-American forum has created an online forum appealing against the passage of this legislation.
Kindly sign in your support for the same at www.sulekha.com
The forum aims to collect 50,000 signatures and present it to President Bush, PM Vajpayee and the US congress.
I think we should whole-heartedly support this cause.
Let me know your views regarding the same.

Members don't see this ad.

what are the real chances? many foreign dentist rely on this work visa. what's going to happen?

The name of the senator who has introduced the bill is Tom Tancredo......he's a Republican Congressman from colorado.
Tom Tancredo has always had pronounced anti-H1-B views which you can hear at http://www.americanpatrol.com. He says H1-B and L1 Visas are "...CHEAP LABOR PROGRAM."?

For instance you can read Tancredo's full quote here:

Washington (June 18) -- When my colleagues get a letter from a constituent who has been displaced by foreign workers, they should write back to them and say, 'It is the policy of this government to displace you, to move you into a lower economic income category, because we believe in cheap labor and we believe the politics of open borders helps our party."?

This is the second time he has introduced such a bill. The first time, it was defeated.
The major concern is regarding the outsourcing of jobs especially in the IT industry.
All we can do is pray that H1's are not abolished.......however i suspect that there'll be some cuts on the H1B quota.
Lets all pledge our support to the people working against such a ruling on our behalf.

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :(