H1B visa sponsorship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFares

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a D3 dental student from Lebanon looking to relocate to the States after I graduate. I was thinking about applying to an advanced standing program and go on a F1 student visa.
However, a H1B visa sounds like a wiser choice for many reasons. First of all, I'll have at least a year of US work experience as a dental assistant or a dental lab technician to strengthen my application. Second, If I get my green card during this period, I would be eligible for federal loans instead of private ones.
For that, I have a few questions in mind:
- Is it possible to find sponsors for a work visa as a dental assistant or a dental lab tech?
- Do I need to take additional exams for these careers considering that I will be holding a foreign DDS degree and would have cleared both NBDEs by then?
- What other career options do I have in the dental field?

Thanks.
Rodrick

Members don't see this ad.

- Depends
- What do you mean by foreign DDS degree? - Reframe this Q
- Better you've your GC by then - you'll have endless opportunities.

Members don't see this ad :)
- Depends
- What do you mean by foreign DDS degree? - Reframe this Q
- Better you've your GC by then - you'll have endless opportunities.

Hello Dr Sid,
By foreign DDS I mean getting my DDS degree from my home country. Will it count for anything? Will I be exempt from taking the DA or NBDHE (in Florida) exams?

"Will it count for anything? Will I be exempt from taking the DA or NBDHE (in Florida) exams?"
No to both of those Qs

Hi, We are a Green Card Regional Center for a Medical Group. We invite those interested in GC by investment in TEA (Targeted Economic Areas). $500k minimum cap available under USCIS EB5 program. This is expected to end by August. If you are interested, please reach out.