H1B visa sponsorship

Started by DrFares
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrFares

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I'm a D3 dental student from Lebanon looking to relocate to the States after I graduate. I was thinking about applying to an advanced standing program and go on a F1 student visa.
However, a H1B visa sounds like a wiser choice for many reasons. First of all, I'll have at least a year of US work experience as a dental assistant or a dental lab technician to strengthen my application. Second, If I get my green card during this period, I would be eligible for federal loans instead of private ones.
For that, I have a few questions in mind:
- Is it possible to find sponsors for a work visa as a dental assistant or a dental lab tech?
- Do I need to take additional exams for these careers considering that I will be holding a foreign DDS degree and would have cleared both NBDEs by then?
- What other career options do I have in the dental field?

Thanks.
Rodrick
 
- Depends
- What do you mean by foreign DDS degree? - Reframe this Q
- Better you've your GC by then - you'll have endless opportunities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- Depends
- What do you mean by foreign DDS degree? - Reframe this Q
- Better you've your GC by then - you'll have endless opportunities.

Hello Dr Sid,
By foreign DDS I mean getting my DDS degree from my home country. Will it count for anything? Will I be exempt from taking the DA or NBDHE (in Florida) exams?
 
"Will it count for anything? Will I be exempt from taking the DA or NBDHE (in Florida) exams?"
No to both of those Qs
 
Hi, We are a Green Card Regional Center for a Medical Group. We invite those interested in GC by investment in TEA (Targeted Economic Areas). $500k minimum cap available under USCIS EB5 program. This is expected to end by August. If you are interested, please reach out.