USMLE Hail Mary for the Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rteran

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me begin by saying that I know nothing can replace good hard work during weeks of studying.

Now, a little bit of Context. IMG, Step 1 Passed (227). A little over a year ago I registered for Step 2CK and Step 2CS and planned to take both during 2018. Long story short, 2018 was a terrible year for me on the Personal/Family level in life and have been fighting depression and anxiety/panic attacks. These issues, which I have been attending to with my Psychiatrist for over a year, prevented me from having an adequate studying routine and I ended up cancelling Step 2CK (which I had planed to give in November), and wanted to cancel Step 2 CS.

I have my test for the 7th of January. I did not cancel the CS because I had already wasted a lot of money on the CK and currently money is not readily available for me, and so I decided to try and pull out CS somehow. Its less than a week away now and I feel like I know nothing. Moreover I have barely practiced cases given that not many friends of mine speak english enough to pull off the whole "Standarized Patient" role. The only resoursce I have been using is First Aid and some practice cases with a friend who is at the moment in other city. I know there is a high chance of me failing this test. I know there is no easy way out, there is just study and hard work in order to pass the Steps. I wish I could simply cancel, but I really have no choice.

I wonder if any of you have any advice (besides telling me to cancel, which I simply can't) or tips, or anything that can help me out in my time of need.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you so much for your reply it helped me to order my thoughts. Sorry for the late reply, but I've been like studying a lot these days.

I have my mnemonics for the whole patient encounter memorized and now I'm moving on working my patient notes. It helped me to calm down to know If things go south I'll have them written in my scrap paper before each encounter. I'm also trying to create this list of counseling phrases that I can use with my patients. I did have a lot of clinical practice and rotations in my med schoolhope that helps me somehow. At the moment I'm working on my time writing each note to try and type as fast as I can. Exam is on Monday in Chicago so, I'm just gonna try and give my best.

Again, thank you so much for your tips and advice. If you have any extra advice please let me know !

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to pass by and thank you so much cj_cregg for your advice and your words. Eventually everything you told me helped me a lot during test day. That day I felt I was not going to make it but I have my score back and now im happy to say

I PASSED !

And I owe you so much for taking the time to write an answer to my desperate questions.

Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: 1 users