Half premed courses done, half to go- options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MandyFlora

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I graduated in May of 2014 with a BS in Health Science from a large university in the Boston area. During an undergrad I switched my major from Biology to Health Science, where I intensively studied public health and took a lot of public health coursework at my university's SPH. I've been working on clinical trials since graduation at a well-known Boston hospital and have since been inspired to go forward with an MD. I'm trying to decide the best pathway for me to get there.

I graduated Cum Laude with a 3.48 GPA (leadership positions/great ECs/intl experience)
I took Biology II - A, used AP credit for Bio I
I also took Gen Chem I (B) and Gen Chem II (A)
I did take Organic Chemistry I (C+) and Calculus I (C+)

That being said, I would like to retake Orgo and Calc so I can grasp a better understanding of the concepts and prepare myself for the MCAT. I have some credits done, but not a good amount.

I would to enroll in a program as opposed to taking classes so I can focus full-time on my coursework and demonstrate my ability to excel and succeed with rigorous coursework. I don't quite fit the mold for the classic post-bacc or for an SMP... does anyone have any ideas for me? What would you recommend?

I'm finding it hard to find guidance on this topic...

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Finish your pre-reqs at Harvard Extension or Umass. Ace them and you might have a shot. I don't think you're applicable for any sort of formal programs either post-bac, graduate or SMP given your half completed pre-reqs.