You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Halfway through the new app
Started by Gordon Gekko
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are you guys including contact info for all of your ECs, work, etc? It says it's optional, but would it seem less legitimate if I didn't include addresses, names of supervisors, blah blah? ... maybe I'm over thinking this... 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@cjfarrell21 thanks for the link that document is nice. I'm wondering the same thing as asdf though...
I did the same thing. I just kept hitting back until it brought me back to be able to mark them.I just reviewed and finalized my course history without actually marking all of my repeated courses. I didn't think it would go through till I submitted my application. Does anybody know how to unlock and edit it?
I will add that a co-worker of mine was just accepted into an MD school, he printed his application to give me an idea of how he did his descriptions and the read similar to the file that cjfarrell linked to.
I just reviewed and finalized my course history without actually marking all of my repeated courses. I didn't think it would go through till I submitted my application. Does anybody know how to unlock and edit it?
Add a fake class and it will trigger the finalize button to become available again, just make sure to remove the fake class.
You guys are awesome. I have a microbiology course that was lecture and lab worth 5 credits that I got an A in. I also have a separate microbiology lab worth 2 credits I got a B in. Can I mark these both as repeats where they see my lab grade in the 5 credit course to overtake the 2 credit out lab?I did the same thing. I just kept hitting back until it brought me back to be able to mark them.
@cjfarrell21 : is that how we are supposed to do it or how someone did it? Since there are no formal instructions i think there shouldnt really be a problem with how you decide to fill it out
I think it's how someone filled it out. I don't think there is an "official" way to fill it out, but I followed the document since it kinda hit everything that I felt would be a good description
@Stephanopolous I couldn't tell you tbh...
@cjfarrell21 @Stephanopolous : if you do it that way...i feel like you wont have much to talk about during your interviews because everything about everything you did is right there right in front of them. What more is there to add? On a side note, I dont think its really a huge deal. I think most people will treat it like a reseme and write literally just what they did.
It is from a different school so I am not completely sure.Are they the same micro lab?
@cjfarrell21 @Stephanopolous : if you do it that way...i feel like you wont have much to talk about during your interviews because everything about everything you did is right there right in front of them. What more is there to add? On a side note, I dont think its really a huge deal. I think most people will treat it like a reseme and write literally just what they did.
That's what I kind of thought too, but I had a lot more to say than what I could write in 600 characters. I didn't plan on hitting every single point outlined in the document because of the limit.
I wouldn't then. It would suck to have them send back your app to fix it then be delayed because of it. A B isn't a bad grade anyway!It is from a different school so I am not completely sure.
Do we add course exactly how it is written on our transcript? Some of my courses on my official transcript have typos and misspellings on it...I dont wanna look like a careless idiot but at the same time do I have to? lol for example I have a biology course written as "Intro to Boilogy"...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@asdf123g I have decided I'm going to go with a descriptive statement like what's on the example file. I feel like this makes it more personal and less resumee-ish. I can't possibly put all of my experiences for each job in 600 characters so I feel like I'll have plenty to talk about still during interviews. That's just what I feel works best for me.
I have 9 jobs and descriptions to list, I think it's time for another coffee- this is tedious work
I have 9 jobs and descriptions to list, I think it's time for another coffee- this is tedious work
You should get your school to reissue your transcript if you have time. That's horrendous for an academic institution. I'd be embarrassed to show anyone, let alone medical schools, a transcript with spelling errors on it. They might think it's fake!Do we add course exactly how it is written on our transcript? Some of my courses on my official transcript have typos and misspellings on it...I dont wanna look like a careless idiot but at the same time do I have to? lol for example I have a biology course written as "Intro to Boilogy"...
1) For AP credits, I wanna see if i understand this correctly... my Transcript says i have X # of credits but doesnt show each individual course. Do I put N/A for course code...AP X for class...find the subject in drop down..enter credits..and then CR for grade?
I have 9 jobs and descriptions to list, I think it's time for another coffee- this is tedious work :inpain:
I had a quite a number as well... definitely took my sweet time haha
How do we list 1 credit pass/fail courses for example: volleyball?
I listed the course and then put "P" and then the CAS grade appears as "none"
How do we list 1 credit pass/fail courses for example: volleyball?
I just put the credits and wrote in "pass"
I did research for credit and the course title for the class was "medicine"... Should I just keep the subject "Biology"? I feel like making the subject 'medicine' is misleading and inaccurate...
Is anyone else finding that the "prerequisites" section takes forever to complete? Mostly because the page scrolls so slowly.
Hey everyone, please utilize the thread below for any future questions regarding the AACOMAS application. Thanks!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/official-aacomas-questions-thread-2015-2016.1134641/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/official-aacomas-questions-thread-2015-2016.1134641/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I assume AAMC transmits them instantly as my TMDSAS application received them the day after.
Anyone else delightfully surprised at how easy sending mcat scores was?
Yes. You could probably do it online with those schools as well rather than going in person.How do i send my transcripts? Do i have to download the page and go to the schools i attended and have them send a physical copy?
Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere on the AACOMAS page to check our "status". I can't find something for the life of me that will tell me stuff like MCAT score, transcripts, or letters received.
Grade is W but u must put the attempted credits, not 0.Anyone know how we should input withdrawn courses in the transcript entry section? I'm not sure if I should just put 0 in the credits section or what. I guess for the grade just put W?
Anyone else delightfully surprised at how easy sending mcat scores was?
JW, How long did it take AACOMAS to receive your score? I sent my score almost first thing when the app opened Tuesday and they haven't gotten it yet.
JW, How long did it take AACOMAS to receive your score? I sent my score almost first thing when the app opened Tuesday and they haven't gotten it yet.
Where does it say if the scores were received?
Where does it say if the scores were received?
I'm assuming they will give you a notification when they are received, that's what they did for my LoR. As to whether it will show anywhere on the actual app, your guess is as good as mine. For the LoR the status changed to, "Complete" when they were received, but there isn't a status for test scores anywhere I can see.
Anyone know how we should input withdrawn courses in the transcript entry section? I'm not sure if I should just put 0 in the credits section or what. I guess for the grade just put W?
I sent them an email about this and was told by AACOMAS to put whatever letter/code appears on the transcript. In my case it was a, "K" which generated a CAS grade of, "None." I'm guessing they apply whatever code they need to when they verify everything.
After we input our grades does the application give us our unofficial GPA or anything else of the sort?
They calculate it only after the app is verified
Ah ok, I'll have to put WC then.I sent them an email about this and was told by AACOMAS to put whatever letter/code appears on the transcript. In my case it was a, "K" which generated a CAS grade of, "None." I'm guessing they apply whatever code they need to when they verify everything.
I'm currently entering in coursework, says to mark repeated courses as "repeats"....but I don't see that option anywhere...can anyone point it out?
Typing them exactly as they appear on the transcript
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would you lie about it?
It would behoove you to be honest, and then list English as an additional language - advanced if you have native functionality.
I think it is an asset that you have multiple language skills.
Well in no way I was going to lie about it, just was not sure and needed an advice🙂. I do speak Ukrainian better than English lol. Thanks for reply!
Is the 4500 number a character limit with spaces or without spaces for the personal statement? Someone that knows please reply.
With spacesIs the 4500 number a character limit with spaces or without spaces for the personal statement? Someone that knows please reply.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K