Hampton University's Master of Medical Science 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaymellow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Didn't see a thread for this application cycle yet. Anyone applying/planning to apply for this program? I am gathering my application materials at the moment. Commentary from current students is welcomed as well! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying to this program as well. Would love to hear from students who have completed the program, or those currently in the program

I'm currently in the 2nd year of the program. You can DM me if you have specific questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently in the 2nd year of the program. You can DM me if you have specific questions.
How long does it take for an acceptance? I just got an email back from Druitt today saying thanks for the online interview. Also, I got a D in Organic Chem 2( my teacher was doing too much), and an overall 9 on the MCAT. What are my chances do u think/ I have like 10 years of direct care, I'm a non trad student, massive amounts of shadowing, and research. My gpa is a 2.56 and this is the ONLY program i have and will apply to...

Hey guys! Didn't see a thread for this application cycle yet. Anyone applying/planning to apply for this program? I am gathering my application materials at the moment. Commentary from current students is welcomed as well! :)
have u applied yet?

Hey y'all,

I just received an e-mail this week saying that my application is complete and that it is now being reviewed. How long does it take before you hear any correspondence about an interview?

I received an online interview on 11.25.15. Never received an email stating that my app was complete so I'm assuming it is since they gave me the online interview. I received the online interview about 2-3 weeks after submitting all of my materials.

They may have sent me an e-mail saying that my application was complete, because I contacted them to make sure all of my materials had been received. I was also a little worried about sending all my material at different times.

Has anyone been accepted. I am leaning on a prayer with this.... I submitted my online interview about 3wrks ago and have been sooooo pressed....

I already did my interview about 3 weeks ago . I actually got it the next day after I submitted my completed application. I just wish they would hurry up and respond so I can figure out what steps I need to take. We don't have money to apply to every school or grad program, and due dates are right around the corner so... Yeah I'm gonna need for them to make acceptance or denials Asap either way....

They may have sent me an e-mail saying that my application was complete, because I contacted them to make sure all of my materials had been received. I was also a little worried about sending all my material at different times.
have you heard anything back yet?

I already did my interview about 3 weeks ago . I actually got it the next day after I submitted my completed application. I just wish they would hurry up and respond so I can figure out what steps I need to take. We don't have money to apply to every school or grad program, and due dates are right around the corner so... Yeah I'm gonna need for them to make acceptance or denials Asap either way....
No i', referring to an on campus interview. Graduate College Day

have you heard anything back yet?
No, unfortunately the only correspondence I've gotten is the e-mail stating that they have all of my materials, but I have an acceptance to another program thus far. Have you called to ask when they will make decisions? They probably won't be back in the office until after the holiday. One of the other programs that I applied to sent an email stating that no admissions decisions would be made during the holiday vacation, and they would resume reviewing applications on Jan 4.

yeah me either. I actually called today and was told Druitt was in a faculty meeting a majority, if not the entire day. Maybe this means he and his panel are making acceptance, denials, or waitlisted. Do you guys know of any scholarships they have for women?- BTW: this is approx my 4th week......

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone already submitted the online interview? If so, how long did it take them to send it to you after submitting the completed online application?

For those who applied, has anyone here been accepted into the program yet for Fall 2016 entering class? And are there any reasonable accommodation ($$) around the campus area for new students who are not from the area? Any responds will highly be appreciated. Thanks guys

Contemplating on attending the Graduate College Day tomorrow. I don't know if I should take that drive from NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No I decided not to go. Stayed in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I have my interview for the Hampton University Medical Science on-campus interview tomorrow morning, can anyone PM me about some of the things I should be prepared for?? Thanks

Did you get accepted into the Hampton Medical Science Program? If yes what were some of the things I need to prepare for as I have my on-campus interview tomorrow

Did you get accepted into the Hampton Medical Science Program? If yes what were some of the things I need to prepare for as I have my on-campus interview tomorrow
Hello,

How did your on-campus interview go? I hope it went well! I just submitted my online application for the Medical Science program recently. So I'm trying to get as much insight on the application process as I possibly can.

Reactions: 1 user
If accepted, make sure to hit up the office of residence life for graduate assistantship opportunities. It is something you may be interested in to help finance.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, Just submitted an application on April 19, 2016. Sending in the completed materials on Monday. How were the online interviews for the program?

Hello,

How did your on-campus interview go? I hope it went well! I just submitted my online application for the Medical Science program recently. So I'm trying to get as much insight on the application process as I possibly can.
Sorry for the delayed response, I was waiting for a decision after my interview before I made any comments and I just received my admission letter. I have been accepted into Hampton University Medical Science Masters Program for this Fall 2016 entering Class AND I'm soooo going, lol.
Now to answer your question "AutumnRose", the interview was very relaxed, low key, this was one of the best interview I've had so far, compared to other programs as there was no pressure at all. The interviewers actually took the time to get to know me which enabled me to relax (an important factor for some of us). I also made it a point to go to the school during the graduate college day a few months ago and that helped since I got the chance to talk to some of the Medical Science Students, the Cordinator and a few members of the school administration; THIS WAS HUGE SINCE ONE OF MY INTERVIEWERS HAPPENED TO BE ONE OF THE STUDENTS I SPOKE TO EARLIER DURING MY VISIT, SO THAT HELPED IN GETTING ME RELAXED DURING MY INTERVIEW. I believe in every program and also in life, there are several others competing for the same thing we all are, so sometimes taking steps to make sure you stand out of the crowd is an important key in ensuring success. This could be just calling the office, or email, or visit the school when events like this are being organized (even though I am aware that lots of people live very far and cannot make such trips): MAKE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION ON YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND ALSO LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS; YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE THIS CAN MAKE.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck on your application and the best of luck in your endeavors.

Key: Current Senior Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU); Interviewed at HamptonU Masters Medical Science on April 2nd 2016; Admitted and GOING

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations on your acceptance!! Thank you so much for the feedback! I pray I get the opportunity to join you and the rest of the Fall 2016 entering class!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone!!! I was accepted for the Fall 16 class. Does anybody know if there is already a Facebook page for this class? I want to get to know people.

Hello everyone!!! I was accepted for the Fall 16 class. Does anybody know if there is already a Facebook page for this class? I want to get to know people.

Congratulations!!

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!! We are going to be classmates!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey y'all!! I am new to this thread but I was also accepted into the Fall 2016 class! I am so excited to meet all of you and those still waiting to hear, stay positive!! Let's get a group going on Facebook!

YES!!! lets make a group!!

Hello Everyone! I was also accepted in the Fall 2016 class, & I joined the FB group as well!! Hopefully more people will find it and join so we can get to know everyone! I am super excited about this program! I have heard GREAT things about it!!! ;-)

Hi Guys! I received an email last night saying my application is under final review. Hopefully I will have some good news soon:).

Hey guys,

I know it is kind of late, but I am trying to apply to the Masters program. Is the application online? I can't seem to figure out how to get to it.

Hey guys,

I know it is kind of late, but I am trying to apply to the Masters program. Is the application online? I can't seem to figure out how to get to it.

Yes the application is online, it has 2 parts. An online part and then there is a second part that you have to fill out and mail in

Recently applied, completed online interview on May 5th, so hoping to hear something back soon. Been in constant communication with Mr. Druitt so hopefully I will be joining this years class

To all recently accepted when did you all apply to the program?

I have an on-campus interview on Tuesday(5/31/2016). Anyone else interviewing on Tuesday?

Hello! I just want to be make sure I know the full process. Do you normally go through two interview phases ( i.e. the online interview and on-campus interview)?

Hello! I just want to be make sure I know the full process. Do you normally go through two interview phases ( i.e. the online interview and on-campus interview)?

I believe they put the people they want to interview on an interview list to come to hampton for formal interviews now. I received a letter for a formal interview

For me it was, I applied..then got an online interview the next day after my application. I had 24 hours to turn that in, and about a week later I was asked to come for a formal in person interview. I was notified of my decision about 2 weeks after my in person interview! Hope that helps!

I will also say though, the timeline is so crazy for each individual...some
Of those that interviewed in my group heard before me and then some after me. I think the graduate office is just swamped!

For me it was, I applied..then got an online interview the next day after my application. I had 24 hours to turn that in, and about a week later I was asked to come for a formal in person interview. I was notified of my decision about 2 weeks after my in person interview! Hope that helps!

Thank you!

Hey everyone! i applied to the program at Hampton a little over a month ago, still waiting for them to process my information. I was wondering, has anyone received a financial aid award letter as of yet? Is the tuition covered by your funds? What is the living situation like on campus? Are you all getting apartments in that area?