Hampton University's Master of Medical Science 2016

kaymellow

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey guys! Didn't see a thread for this application cycle yet. Anyone applying/planning to apply for this program? I am gathering my application materials at the moment. Commentary from current students is welcomed as well! :)

About the Ads

pres2617

Dec 3, 2015
      I'm currently in the 2nd year of the program. You can DM me if you have specific questions.
      How long does it take for an acceptance? I just got an email back from Druitt today saying thanks for the online interview. Also, I got a D in Organic Chem 2( my teacher was doing too much), and an overall 9 on the MCAT. What are my chances do u think/ I have like 10 years of direct care, I'm a non trad student, massive amounts of shadowing, and research. My gpa is a 2.56 and this is the ONLY program i have and will apply to...

MRJMD

2+ Year Member
      May 12, 2015
      1. Pre-Medical
        Hey y'all,

I just received an e-mail this week saying that my application is complete and that it is now being reviewed. How long does it take before you hear any correspondence about an interview?

MRJMD

2+ Year Member
        May 12, 2015
        1. Pre-Medical
          I received an online interview on 11.25.15. Never received an email stating that my app was complete so I'm assuming it is since they gave me the online interview. I received the online interview about 2-3 weeks after submitting all of my materials.

They may have sent me an e-mail saying that my application was complete, because I contacted them to make sure all of my materials had been received. I was also a little worried about sending all my material at different times.

pres2617

Dec 3, 2015
            I already did my interview about 3 weeks ago . I actually got it the next day after I submitted my completed application. I just wish they would hurry up and respond so I can figure out what steps I need to take. We don't have money to apply to every school or grad program, and due dates are right around the corner so... Yeah I'm gonna need for them to make acceptance or denials Asap either way....

kaymellow

2+ Year Member
            May 25, 2015
            1. Pre-Medical
              I already did my interview about 3 weeks ago . I actually got it the next day after I submitted my completed application. I just wish they would hurry up and respond so I can figure out what steps I need to take. We don't have money to apply to every school or grad program, and due dates are right around the corner so... Yeah I'm gonna need for them to make acceptance or denials Asap either way....
              No i', referring to an on campus interview. Graduate College Day

MRJMD

2+ Year Member
              May 12, 2015
              1. Pre-Medical
                have you heard anything back yet?
                No, unfortunately the only correspondence I've gotten is the e-mail stating that they have all of my materials, but I have an acceptance to another program thus far. Have you called to ask when they will make decisions? They probably won't be back in the office until after the holiday. One of the other programs that I applied to sent an email stating that no admissions decisions would be made during the holiday vacation, and they would resume reviewing applications on Jan 4.

pres2617

Dec 3, 2015
                  yeah me either. I actually called today and was told Druitt was in a faculty meeting a majority, if not the entire day. Maybe this means he and his panel are making acceptance, denials, or waitlisted. Do you guys know of any scholarships they have for women?- BTW: this is approx my 4th week......

About the Ads

nana04

Nov 14, 2012
                  1. Pre-Medical
                    For those who applied, has anyone here been accepted into the program yet for Fall 2016 entering class? And are there any reasonable accommodation ($$) around the campus area for new students who are not from the area? Any responds will highly be appreciated. Thanks guys

African_MD

5+ Year Member
                    Feb 21, 2016
                    1. Pre-Medical

Did you get accepted into the Hampton Medical Science Program? If yes what were some of the things I need to prepare for as I have my on-campus interview tomorrow

AutumnRose

5+ Year Member
                      May 13, 2015
                      1. Pre-Medical
                        Did you get accepted into the Hampton Medical Science Program? If yes what were some of the things I need to prepare for as I have my on-campus interview tomorrow
                        Hello,

How did your on-campus interview go? I hope it went well! I just submitted my online application for the Medical Science program recently. So I'm trying to get as much insight on the application process as I possibly can.

Reactions: 1 user

Yeezus

5+ Year Member
                        Dec 11, 2013
                        1. Dental Student
                          If accepted, make sure to hit up the office of residence life for graduate assistantship opportunities. It is something you may be interested in to help finance.

Reactions: 2 users
                          About the Ads

African_MD

5+ Year Member
                          Feb 21, 2016
                          1. Pre-Medical
                            Hello,

How did your on-campus interview go? I hope it went well! I just submitted my online application for the Medical Science program recently. So I'm trying to get as much insight on the application process as I possibly can.
                            Sorry for the delayed response, I was waiting for a decision after my interview before I made any comments and I just received my admission letter. I have been accepted into Hampton University Medical Science Masters Program for this Fall 2016 entering Class AND I'm soooo going, lol.
                            Now to answer your question "AutumnRose", the interview was very relaxed, low key, this was one of the best interview I've had so far, compared to other programs as there was no pressure at all. The interviewers actually took the time to get to know me which enabled me to relax (an important factor for some of us). I also made it a point to go to the school during the graduate college day a few months ago and that helped since I got the chance to talk to some of the Medical Science Students, the Cordinator and a few members of the school administration; THIS WAS HUGE SINCE ONE OF MY INTERVIEWERS HAPPENED TO BE ONE OF THE STUDENTS I SPOKE TO EARLIER DURING MY VISIT, SO THAT HELPED IN GETTING ME RELAXED DURING MY INTERVIEW. I believe in every program and also in life, there are several others competing for the same thing we all are, so sometimes taking steps to make sure you stand out of the crowd is an important key in ensuring success. This could be just calling the office, or email, or visit the school when events like this are being organized (even though I am aware that lots of people live very far and cannot make such trips): MAKE THE PEOPLE WHO WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION ON YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND ALSO LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT THIS; YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE THIS CAN MAKE.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck on your application and the best of luck in your endeavors.

Key: Current Senior Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU); Interviewed at HamptonU Masters Medical Science on April 2nd 2016; Admitted and GOING

Last edited:
                            Reactions: 5 users

AutumnRose

5+ Year Member
                            May 13, 2015
                            1. Pre-Medical
                              Congratulations on your acceptance!! Thank you so much for the feedback! I pray I get the opportunity to join you and the rest of the Fall 2016 entering class!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users

Lcb22

Mar 30, 2015
                              1. Pre-Medical
                                Hey y'all!! I am new to this thread but I was also accepted into the Fall 2016 class! I am so excited to meet all of you and those still waiting to hear, stay positive!! Let's get a group going on Facebook!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

About the Ads

mae_iv

2+ Year Member
                                May 13, 2016
                                1. Pre-Medical
                                  Hello Everyone! I was also accepted in the Fall 2016 class, & I joined the FB group as well!! Hopefully more people will find it and join so we can get to know everyone! I am super excited about this program! I have heard GREAT things about it!!! ;-)

med_skoool

2+ Year Member
                                  Mar 29, 2016
                                  1. Pre-Medical
                                    Recently applied, completed online interview on May 5th, so hoping to hear something back soon. Been in constant communication with Mr. Druitt so hopefully I will be joining this years class

Reactions: 2 users

AutumnRose

5+ Year Member
                                    May 13, 2015
                                    1. Pre-Medical
                                      Hello! I just want to be make sure I know the full process. Do you normally go through two interview phases ( i.e. the online interview and on-campus interview)?

med_skoool

2+ Year Member
                                      Mar 29, 2016
                                      1. Pre-Medical
                                        Hello! I just want to be make sure I know the full process. Do you normally go through two interview phases ( i.e. the online interview and on-campus interview)?

I believe they put the people they want to interview on an interview list to come to hampton for formal interviews now. I received a letter for a formal interview

Lcb22

Mar 30, 2015
                                        1. Pre-Medical
                                          For me it was, I applied..then got an online interview the next day after my application. I had 24 hours to turn that in, and about a week later I was asked to come for a formal in person interview. I was notified of my decision about 2 weeks after my in person interview! Hope that helps!

Lcb22

Mar 30, 2015
                                          1. Pre-Medical
                                            I will also say though, the timeline is so crazy for each individual...some
                                            Of those that interviewed in my group heard before me and then some after me. I think the graduate office is just swamped!

thehopefuldoc1991

5+ Year Member
                                            Feb 25, 2014
                                              Hey everyone! i applied to the program at Hampton a little over a month ago, still waiting for them to process my information. I was wondering, has anyone received a financial aid award letter as of yet? Is the tuition covered by your funds? What is the living situation like on campus? Are you all getting apartments in that area?

About the Ads
                                              This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                              7. This thread is locked.