Hand written letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WheatLom

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I can't seem to find a thread for it. Can my dentist submit a hand written letter of evaluation?
 
Woah, that's the first time I've heard of such a thing. Is there a particular reason as to why your dentist wants to submit a handwritten LOR? Anyway I think it's still possible, since you can get your evaluator to upload a pdf (doesn't have to be a word document).

Definitely call the schools you're applying to. Chances are most won't care although it'll raise some eyebrows.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe because OP's dentist is a man/woman of the older generation who does not feel comfortable using a computer? My dentist handwrote his letter, then asked his assistant to type it up and upload it onto AADSAS. Of course he has to read it over and sign. I imagine my father - a dentist himself would do the exact same thing if someone asked him for a letter.
 
Well he said he would write it, but he is being tough to get it from. I thought maybe if he could hand write it and eliminate the printing signing and scanning of the letter it would be easier.