Happy Thanksgiving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old Timer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is an excellent holiday to increase the level of happiness in your life. There is a direct correlation between gratitude and happiness (there are even studies to back this up). Happy people make the world a better place.

So on our national day of thanksgiving, take a minute to give thanks for the blessings in your life and don't stress about the little things.

For those students and non-students who are traveling, have a safe trip and a happy Thanksgiving to all....

Members don't see this ad.

Old Timer, thank you for the warm thoughts and valuable advice. I agree, an 'attitude of gratitude' does make a difference!

I would also like to thank the members of SDN who make this forum a fun and informative site to visit.

May you all enjoy a happy and blessed Thanksgiving holiday. :)

"A smile is a passport that will take you anywhere you want to go."
~Anonymous

Things I am thankful for:

My darling husband and beautiful daughter
My little cousin has lived a year after her liver transplant and will celebrate her second birthday at Christmas.
My wonderful friends, both on SDN and in other places
The didactic part of pharmacy school is almost 1/2 over!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Only OldTimer can say thanks by quoting a study...

He's such a "pharmacist." :smuggrin:

Thanks OldTimer. A happy holiday to you and yours.

This is actually my favorite of secular holidays...

Happy Thanksgiving!
turkey.jpg

Got to love Thanksgiving and Christmas. God damn children in Africa are starving and in poverty and we're gorging on 7500 calories worth of turkey with fixings and spending hundreds of billions on worthless crap to give as gifts. And if we don't do it every year, our economy would tank! Viva consumerist driven capitalism!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Hopefully not too many of you have to work tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm thankful for fat free Redi Whip. :confused:

I am definitely thankful for the Costco in Des Moines. It supplies me with Carando ham, Tillamook cheese, and real sourdough bread. My house smelled like bacon for most of the afternoon. Mmmm.

They are both very, very fake, yet people take them very, very seriously....but in the end...it's just another day....or just another game....

I feel very badly for you. So young, yet so cynical......... What a shame.....

Have a nice Thanksgiving anyway......

They are both very, very fake, yet people take them very, very seriously....but in the end...it's just another day....or just another game....
If you ate dinner at my house you'd eat your hat. Or maybe not. You might be too full of ham and sweet potatoes.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you all had a good one.

Oh I know, I was sound asleep in my bed...just curious if any of you were crazy enough to go. ;) In my family, it's tradition for the men to go out. The women are smart enough to say thanks, but no thanks.

hehe

Does anybody else hate holidays?

Personally, I like holidays.

It's the "dumb-a**" virus people seem to get around them that irritates me...

You know this scenario: "Yeah...I left my rx back in Cali and I know I don't have any refills, but I don't want to bother my doc during the holiday..."
:mad:

I still don't know what you mean be "BCS". So I'm ******ed. Enlighten me, please, with an official definition.

loo

Big Crock of Sh#%. Though that's not really what it stands for. You'll find the answer in the NCAA Football Rambling threads 1-2....and eventually the newly opened #3...