Harriet Lane 17th ed. PDA version? Where is it?

Started by Ponyboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ponyboy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been able to download the 17th edition PDA version of the Harriet Lane?
I bought the paper version but tried to go to the Elsevier Health website to download the PDA version and all I found was a redirect screen that didn't do anything.
Has anyone been able to get the PDA version and is it useful at all?
Thanks in advance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
adpi_med said:
any reviews on the harriet lane PDA program?

It's...okay. It serves its particular purpose pretty well; that is, it's got all the detailed reference data you find yourself searching for. I certainly haven't found any other resource that provides the sort of information.

I have two main complaints, both of which are really complaints about the print version that happen to also apply to PDA version:

1. It's not a very good general reference. You can't count on it to have much about any particular disease or condition. It just has the facts that you need as an intern/subintern -- the finnicky details about composition of IV fluids, interpreting EKGs, etc.

2. It's sometimes hard to find something. I periodically have to look up normal values for heart rate, and I always end up having to check the index under "pulse" and "heart rate" and "tachycardia" and several other things before finding the right section. I thought this was a flaw in the PDA version until I tried the actual book and realized that it's the same there.

BTW, the PDA version of the 17th edition is definitely an improvement over the PDA version of the 16th (which as far as I can tell had some actual content missing).
 
Anyone know whether it's possible to get the free download on a blackberry? I see it for sale, but can't figure out how to use the free book code to download it. Thanks!