Harvard decision received today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey
i am knew to this website. Does anyone know what the website for the harvard status page is?

Members don't see this ad.

Still alive in San Diego, did anyone on the west coast get a waitlist yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, no word in Vermont yet....

my letter was dated 3/13 and postmarked 3/14... It was a regular size envelop, but thick

nothing here in Wisconsin...

No news in Norcal.

Sigh.

dopaminesurge said:
No news in Norcal.

Sigh.

Don't sigh. No news in Cali is good news.

Dodged the bullet once again today in California myself! :D

I leave SDN for just a FEW hours, and when I come back it's been totally overtaken by Chuck Norris and this thread is on the second page. What's the world coming to????

Aight I'm going to bed. See y'all in the morning for another round of mayhem!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

I think there is something seriously wrong with me. I feel like I can't breathe until I hear back from Harvard. I didn't realize I wanted Harvard this badly, but I can't concentrate on anything now. I feel tense all the time, counting the hours until my next chance at hearing from them. Ugh, help me! I need to relax and be sane.

It really doesn't matter if I get in or not. I am so thankful to already be accepted at another top ten school that I love. I need to stop obsessing about Harvard.

Sorry for the rant. I just needed to let it out...

ChocolateKiss said:
Ugh, help me! I need to relax and be sane.
Start out with some good sex or alcohol. If neither of those work, you may have to go to something more drastic...

ChocolateKiss said:
I think there is something seriously wrong with me. I feel like I can't breathe until I hear back from Harvard. I didn't realize I wanted Harvard this badly, but I can't concentrate on anything now. I feel tense all the time, counting the hours until my next chance at hearing from them. Ugh, help me! I need to relax and be sane.

It really doesn't matter if I get in or not. I am so thankful to already be accepted at another top ten school that I love. I need to stop obsessing about Harvard.

Sorry for the rant. I just needed to let it out...

First time poster ... ChocolateKiss, I totally hear you! I am in the same boat and feel the exact same way. Plus, I am traveling out of the country for two weeks starting this afternoon ... and that's stressing me out even more ... can this just end already?? Ahhh! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
sop26 said:
First time poster ... ChocolateKiss, I totally hear you! I am in the same boat and feel the exact same way. Plus, I am traveling out of the country for two weeks starting this afternoon ... and that's stressing me out even more ... can this just end already?? Ahhh! Good luck everyone!

Thanks sop. Hopefully there's someone who can check your mail for you while you're gone?

Good luck to everyone as we start another day of waiting...I''m thinking it would be good for me to hear nothing today in California, then starting tomorrow I can begin hoping for the big envelope. :luck: :luck:

Good morning everyone!

ChocolateKiss, I know exactly how you're feeling. Luckily I'm home on spring break, so my mom and I are waiting together. To pass the time, we've been playing card games (that we've played for years), and I've been making mistakes I've NEVER made. It's ridiculous how distracted I am. At least one way or another, we'll know SOON now! Fingers super crossed! Good luck to everyone today!!! :luck: :) :luck: :) :luck:

i'm guessing today's the big day then. Good luck, you kRaZy KiDs!!!

Don't get your hopes up. My mail came: a bunch of junk, nothing from Harvard. I can't believe it takes Monday until Thursday for mail to travel from Boston to Cambridge (and even so only 3 have heard back). This is getting a little rediculous, my grandma could've walked from here to Boston and gotten the letter for me in this time.

"And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive.
Stayin' alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha,
Stayin' alive..."

No news (again) in Michigan.

:luck: :luck: St. Patty's Day luck time! I'm off to find a leprechaun! :luck: :luck:

huknows00 said:
Don't get your hopes up. My mail came: a bunch of junk, nothing from Harvard. I can't believe it takes Monday until Thursday for mail to travel from Boston to Cambridge (and even so only 3 have heard back). This is getting a little rediculous, my grandma could've walked from here to Boston and gotten the letter for me in this time.

All acceptances (and waitlists) were mailed out on tuesday, it seems! So add another day to your calcs...

Cambridge, MA
Rejection from NP, Waitlist from HST received yesterday 3/15 (about 4:45pm).
Normal size white envelope; about 4 sheets of paper inside.
Postmarked 3/14, letter dated 3/13.

Good luck all.

Waitlisted in VT!

Honestly, I'm pleased and relieved. Getting accepted (or outright rejected) would have been harder for me. I'm now 100% sure that I'm headed to the University of Utah this fall - a great choice for me and my wife and two kids.

P.S. Scroll up the page to see my new sig.

humuhumu said:
Waitlisted in VT!

Honestly, I'm pleased and relieved. Getting accepted (or outright rejected) would have been harder for me. I'm now 100% sure that I'm headed to the University of Utah this fall - a great choice for me and my wife and two kids.

P.S. Scroll up the page to see my new sig.

Sooo you knew you weren't going there, you were just looking for some sort of validation?

Chuck Norris said:
Sooo you knew you weren't going there, you were just looking for some sort of validation?

Heh, heh, I suppose you could say that. I feel nothing but tremendous respect for HMS, but I never felt sure it was a good fit for me. A waitlist sort of confirms that feeling.

humuhumu said:
Heh, heh, I suppose you could say that. I feel nothing but tremendous respect for HMS, but I never felt sure it was a good fit for me. A waitlist sort of confirms that feeling.

lol...fair enough, i guess. are you dropping the waitlist immediately? and what about utah is so attractive? it seems like a very different place than vermont (i've been to VT, but never to Utah).

congratulations on getting closure! I will need to wait a little longer for that.

humuhumu said:

I think a rejection confirms that it is not a good fit. I think a waitlist says "you're potentially a good fit, but we got some better fits for right now. Hold on for a little while."
Chuck Norris is not on the waitlist, but he thinks that you should remove yourself promptly if you know you aren't going there. Plenty of people in line.
And Hum, I'm not angry. I just haven't had my protein shake yet, so I'm a little irritable. You're alright <hair ruffle>

humuhumu said:

Also, after clicking on your blog link, I feel effing sorry for all the students who have to compete with you in first year anatomy. You only taught it at a medical school for 5 years.

;)

acceptance in philly!

top said:
lol...fair enough, i guess. are you dropping the waitlist immediately? and what about utah is so attractive? it seems like a very different place than vermont (i've been to VT, but never to Utah).

congratulations on getting closure! I will need to wait a little longer for that.

Politically, you're right - we'll be moving from one of the bluest states to one of the reddest - although Salt Lake City is more diverse in many ways than other parts of the state. Probably the biggest draw for us (especially my wife) is the abundance of family and close friends in Utah. We'll need all the support we can get. Academically, I think Utah has a very solid program and you can't beat their new education center. And when it comes to outdoor activities, Utah, like Vermont, has a lot to offer.

Yes, I'll probably drop the waitlist immediately.

Accepted HST in Philly! Letter was sent to my house.

I'm starting to morbidly get all hopefuly now. Dammit sdn!

On the somber side, did anyone receive a rejection today?

sharpnerd00 said:
I'm starting to morbidly get all hopefuly now. Dammit sdn!

On the somber side, did anyone receive a rejection today?

do the letters go to permanent or preferred addresses?

No news again today in Alabama. I guess whatever it is it will come tomorrow.

3 waitlisted students in one room. What are the chances of that? We make up about 6% of the total waitlist.

Is it harder to get off the waitlist of HST? I heard it was 100% yield. The total percent of people (New Pathways+HST) who get off the waitlist is 40-60%. If that is true, then is New Pathways waitlist likely to be 70-90% acceptance?

I think that the financial aid website is up and working . . . I don't know what that might mean for us still waiting. :)

Kimka83 said:
I think that the financial aid website is up and working . . . I don't know what that might mean for us still waiting. :)

Does it mean anything if i am able to log in to the financial aid website successfully?

has anyone who hasn't heard anything tried to sign into the finaid website?

Phy said:
Does it mean anything if i am able to log in to the financial aid website successfully?

Sounds like you're in. It clearly states its only for current & ADMITTED students.

bostondoc1 said:
Sounds like you're in. It clearly states its only for current & ADMITTED students.

I think you're right. I just tried to log in and was DENIED. I'm waitlisted.

Phy said:

Congratulations! :)

man was i PLAYED!

rejected in san diego, dated 3/10, postmarked 3/13, received 3/16.

NP/HST/MDPhD

moving over to the UCSF thread :)

I'm in!!! I'm in central Oregon, accepted to NP.

BLALAHFHHF:AL:A::DOPPV""""!!!

Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy

happy!

joy!

happy!

joy!

Indryd said:
I'm in!!! I'm in central Oregon, accepted to NP.

BLALAHFHHF:AL:A::DOPPV""""!!!

Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy

happy!

joy!

happy!

joy!

Congrats, my man.
You still going to Hopkins?

Hi -- this is a truly dingus favor of me to ask, but I was wondering if someone who had not gotten in to Harvard and someone who had been waitlisted might try to log on to the financial aid website.

I live in the Valley of the Lost Mail (in California -- literally, it took my drivers license 2 months to traverse the 5 blocks between the DMV and my apt), and I'd just like to have an idea of what being able to log in means in terms of my status.

i'm sorry that this is such a jerky request!!!

eachpeach said:
Hi -- this is a truly dingus favor of me to ask, but I was wondering if someone who had not gotten in to Harvard and someone who had been waitlisted might try to log on to the financial aid website.

I live in the Valley of the Lost Mail (in California -- literally, it took my drivers license 2 months to traverse the 5 blocks between the DMV and my apt), and I'd just like to have an idea of what being able to log in means in terms of my status.

look a few posts up - you're in luck!
I am in the valley of middle of nowhere california; it takes 7-10 days MINIMUM to get mail from anywhere!

;-)

eachpeach said:

I was rejected and it said I wasn't found, so there ya go.

eachpeach said:

No worries dude...this has been answered on the other thread: Waitlisted or rejected applicants CANNOT log onto the finaid website, so if you can then you're in! :thumbup:

ahhhh
NYC: waitlisted NP
plz someone just admit me! :(