Harvard decision received today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok let's get it started again, one more day to duck your local postman until all those Boston kids get some acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Wahina said:
Ok let's get it started again, one more day to duck your local postman until all those Boston kids get some acceptances.

yeap, telling him you just happened to be in the mailroom at the same time to pull the letters out of his hand only works once before it is awkward.

but let's be sure...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wondering how anyone received their letter on the 11th? I'm Canadian and have never received mail on a Saturday in my life, except for special delivery. Also, are there any other international applicants still waiting out there? It is kinda stressful reading this thread because even though I'm on the East coast I think it will take the mail a few more days to get to me accross the border.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will the Boston peeps who have yet to receive their letters please make it back to the basketball court (this thread) and raise their hands?

The rest of the forum is rooting for you today so that we may begin the second half of the game.

Halftime has been unbelievably boring.

:luck:

-NoSoup

medapp2006 said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wondering how anyone received their letter on the 11th? I'm Canadian and have never received mail on a Saturday in my life, except for special delivery. Also, are there any other international applicants still waiting out there? It is kinda stressful reading this thread because even though I'm on the East coast I think it will take the mail a few more days to get to me accross the border.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

The USPS delivers every day but Sunday.

humuhumu said:
The USPS delivers every day but Sunday.

That may not be the case in canadia

on my way to campus, and more importantly to the mail room

Instead of just looking at location, we should also post what type of address we have. PO Boxes often take an extra day or two to get letters as compared to street addresses because the letters have to be sorted to the PO Boxes after delivery.

Comrade said:
haha, saying "canadia" is one of my favorite activities in the whole world!

Risa said:
haha, saying "canadia" is one of my favorite activities in the whole world!

risa, you are my favorite, but i'm afraid i'll have to share you with a few others on this forum

Comrade said:

Does the USPS deliver to Canada?

humuhumu said:
Does the USPS deliver to Canada?

Yes, but via Canada Post, which probably doesn't deliver Saturdays.

Bean town here: .........Mail where are you????

I litterally can throw a stone to Longwood from my house...so how can mail take so damn long to travel less than a quarter mile....I should have called and voluntereed to save them money and pick up my own response...hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hebrew Hammer said:
Bean town here: .........Mail where are you????

I litterally can throw a stone to Longwood from my house...so how can mail take so damn long to travel less than a quarter mile....I should have called and voluntereed to save them money and pick up my own response...hahaha

only AFTER you throw a stone through their window

Keg said:
Yes, but via Canada Post, which probably doesn't deliver Saturdays.

Canadia Post

Indryd said:
*Cue cheezy sitcom music* THAT'S....Debbie Downer!

Indryd-not "debbie downer" but 25 years of reallity. i am not trying to rain on your parade, just telling you if you don't get into harvard, you are still alive, and maybe even more so financially. take it any way you want. again, good luck.

Okay, here I go... downstairs to creep out the mailman by watching him out the window for the third day in a row :scared:

Risa said:
Okay, here I go... downstairs to creep out the mailman by watching him out the window for the third day in a row :scared:

we're all with you :luck:

Risa said:
and..................????

Comrade said:
only AFTER you throw a stone through their window

Hahaha...I don't think I'll be throwing any rocks through any windows quite yet.....

"Your under arrest and.....by the way...Congratualtions on your acceptance."

It woud be the most bittersweet day of my life.......

G'luck....maybe we'll be classmates next year......its too late to jynx myself now!!!

My mail was dropped off and nothing today in Philly. Do they slow down the postal system just for acceptances/waitlists? I hope someone get in today so I can have more confidence about hearing tmr, past that I don't know if I'll be able to keep myself from mental breakdown.

huknows00 said:
My mail was dropped off and nothing today in Philly. Do they slow down the postal system just for acceptances/waitlists? I hope someone get in today so I can have more confidence about hearing tmr, past that I don't know if I'll be able to keep myself from mental breakdown.
ooooh wouldn't it be sad if all the acceptances are still sitting in the harvard post office in the corner in the back... they forgot all about them. I know my school would be daft enough to do that!

well, i wasn't rejected.... waitlisted in Boston

RedSoxFan68 said:
what does the waitlist letter say? does it rank you?

RedSoxFan68 said:

well at least you finally have news. best of luck in June or so when the list gets moving. thanks for letting us know.

First rejections.... now a waitlist....the anticipation killing me...this forum could literally explode when someone gets an acceptance.

The waitlist is not ranked. The committee reevaluates candidates when there are opening. It is pretty small -- only about 60 people for New Pathways. The FAQ that came with the letter says that they have typically admitted anywhere from forty to sixty-five percent of the waitlisted candidates.

RedSoxFan68 said:
The waitlist is not ranked. The committee reevaluates candidates when there are opening. It is pretty small -- only about 60 people for New Pathways. The FAQ that came with the letter says that they have typically admitted anywhere from forty to sixty-five percent of the waitlisted candidates.

Congrats. Its like you took a bullet...and survived. To continue with the battlefield analogy.

No news in VA today. Did we ever decide that they weren't sending out things alphabetically? I'm tempted to get a little optimistic aside from my last name being very near the end of the alphabet.

got rejected today. letter dated 3/10, postmarked 3/13.

They didn't reject me, they just weren't able to offer me a place in the class. They were grateful for my application though, so it's all good.

Postmarked 3/10.

Someone has to get good news today!

So I guess no one who hasn't heard is out of the woods yet. I am contemplating using my lunch break to run home and run back. But if there is nothing there and I have to sit at work hungry all afternoon....

Rejection in Nashville, Letter dated 3/10, Postmarked 3/13. Good luck to the rest of y'all!

First off, good luck to all of you. :luck:

This thread is like crack...i get twitchy if i don't check it every few minutes to see if any of you all got in.

I have to say, the nervous energy around this whole harvard letter thing has definitely affirmed my happiness that i did NOT apply to harvard, but I wish you all the best, and hopefully we'll hear some good news soon. :thumbup:

I just used my lunch break to run home and check the mail. Nothing. I don't really know why I care so much about this one, I'm already really happy with my other options. I guess it's the fact that once one stares at the Big H, one can never really look away.

I suppose the most important question now is -- did HMS really finish sending out all the letters yesterday (Tues March 15).

If so, Boston people should virtually finish hearing all decisions (including rejections, waitlists, and acceptances) by the end of today.

If this is the case, I suppose all accepted individuals are out celebrating instead of posting!

bostondoc1 said:
If this is the case, I suppose all accepted individuals are out celebrating instead of posting!

What happened to Risa? she went to check her mail hours ago.

J5L said:
What happened to Risa? she went to check her mail hours ago.
Her mailman filed a stalking charge. She's at the city jail, if you want to bail her out.

No news in Michigan, again.

aumed22 said:
I don't really know why I care so much about this one, I'm already really happy with my other options.

You guys are lucky for that. So far I have one waitlist and one rejection out of the three American schools I was vying for. So for me this rejection will mean starting the whole process again for the Canadian schools by interviewing later this month and then waiting until May 15 for decisions, and I am definitely not looking forward to playing this waiting game again. :cool:

dajimmers said:
Her mailman filed a stalking charge. She's at the city jail, if you want to bail her out.

Haha, hi guys. For pete's sake, my mail usually comes at 12, and it isn't here yet!!!!

I am getting a teensy bit antsy.

dajimmers said:

No news in Michigan, again.

I'm sitting here absolutely hysterical at your stalking comment about Risa... because of these last few weeks, I think my mailman might have requested a transfer. :laugh:

RedSoxFan68 said:

RedSox, what was the date on the letter and the postmark on the envelope?

Congrats on being the first one not to be rejected!

So the mail was super late because there was a substitute mailwoman. I think my regular guy must be avoiding me :(

But, nothing from Harvard in today's mail!! I'm in this for another day.

Man oh man. Good luck to everyone still in there :luck:

Maybe there's a note included in the admission packet that says not to post your acceptance on SDN. :laugh:

Just got the mail.... rejection dated 3/10 :(

oh well, it was an honor to be considered in the first place... good luck to all the rest of you

Still no news here in NC

Comrade said:
Just got the mail.... rejection dated 3/10 :(

oh well, it was an honor to be considered in the first place... good luck to all the rest of you

Nooooo!