Harvard decision received today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in Ithaca NY and just got the can! It was sent on the tenth. Worcester Mass. Here I come!!!!!!!

NoSoupforYou13 said:
Actually, what about interview date?

I have heard that H makes decisions on a rolling basis, unlike other schools like Penn that makes all of its decisions over the span of a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

ChocolateKiss said:
So true. And the person will be immediately deluged with questions about the size of the envelope, the postmark, the number of stamps, his/her MCAT, ethnicity, number of publications, date of interview... :laugh:
eye color, hair color, number of piercings...

someone i know went to harvard med school last year with an MCAT score of 28 and she's caucasian. try getting into other top ten schools with those credentials.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a theory, rejections went out on Friday, acceptances went out yesterday and waitlists today?? Maybe?? I too am anxiously waiting to see who will be the first to receive that mythical letter of a Harvard acceptance.

Yeah, I really have no worries about receiving an unexpected acceptance, because we will surely hear from someone in the northeast at least 1 or 2 days before I can hope to find one in my mailbox. Until someone else gets one, I'll be content to keep ducking a rejection.

Nothing here in Wisconsin...

JayQuah said:
I'm just thinking about the first person to post an acceptance.
It will be like winning the lottery.
SDN will literally shake...maybe there will be more elusive "problems with the server" than usual.
And he or she will most likely have to go through an arduous verification process, i.e. scanning the letter in as an image, and testifying under oath.
Its going to be a momentous post. I am waiting for it with even more anticipation than my own letter.
:luck:

I didn't even apply to harvard...but am reading the boards for this exact reason.... :laugh:

Can you imagine the horror if the boards went down right now.

Should it be a post on this thread, or an entirely new thread? I'd like to see this thread live on, but the first acceptance might be an occasion so momentous that this thread is unable to contain it.

I think it should be both, for those of us not feverishyl following this thread. I still haven't checked my mail today! Will be doing it very soon though...

At Harvard, no acceptances today from the post office

Members don't see this ad :)
Having trouble believing it's true..

no word today, and I am a harvard undergrad! :(

dajimmers said:
First (new) Harvard acceptance posted on mdapplicants:
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=5186

Think it's legit? 18 yrs old! Discuss!

Weren't the first Einstein acceptances in January, not December? I could be wrong...

Also, 18?? And in Florida when no one in the Northeast has heard? Dubious.

I also didn't apply to Harvard, but I'm crossing my fingers for all of you! I find myself holding my breath for my cousin who applied there.

My vote for first person on this thread to get an acceptance goes to Risa :)

Oh, on another point, it's pi day! Yay!
pi_movie.gif

To commemorate my impatience with this process, 116 digits of pi, representing the 116 days I've been waiting since my interview:

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282

tigress said:
I also didn't apply to Harvard, but I'm crossing my fingers for all of you! I find myself holding my breath for my cousin who applied there.

My vote for first person on this thread to get an acceptance goes to Risa :)
I AM still waiting to hear, but somehow am ALSO cheering for Risa to be the first one... :eek:

GO RISA!!!

reeeeeeejected.

i'm in MA (i got my letter yesterday).

i'm sad.

just checked my mail and i'm still alive in san diego.

incidentally, i also vote for risa to be the first one accepted, just so i can hear her squeal (just kidding risa :smuggrin: ).

My girlfriend got into Harvard today!—to her desired masters program (EdM). :D

Perhaps most of their grad schools programs are sending out acceptances simultaneously?...

I didn't apply, but I wish you all luck.

Awwwwwww you guys are the best!

I'm rooting for you all too... if we can be this warm and fuzzy online, just think what fun we'd have as actual classmates! And trust me, seventhson, if I get in the squeals will reverberate globally. The whole northeast had better wear earplugs.

Guess what dorky thing I'm doing now? Going downstairs to cook lemon tilapia with broccoli and rice... because at my Harvard interview that's what I had for lunch. Wow. I know. If you look up "painfully enthusiastic" in the dictionary...

Risa said:
Guess what dorky thing I'm doing now? Going downstairs to cook lemon tilapia with broccoli and rice... because at my Harvard interview that's what I had for lunch. Wow. I know. If you look up "painfully enthusiastic" in the dictionary...
OK...that is the cutest thing ever. :love:

Nothin' in Norcal. How alliterative. And hell, I also vote for Risa to get into HMs first. As long as ya'll vote for me to get into Yale! I can get into Yale last. I don't really care. :rolleyes:
:luck: :luck: :luck:

Rejection received.... in Seattle .. it's ok. I'm still waiting on Yale. Right now it's between them & UCSF.

Good luck everyone!!!! :luck:

dopaminesurge said:
Nothin' in Norcal. How alliterative. And hell, I also vote for Risa to get into HMs first. As long as ya'll vote for me to get into Yale! I can get into Yale last. I don't really care. :rolleyes:
:luck: :luck: :luck:

I vote for you to get into Yale first, with a cherry on top! :D ...whatever that means.

CerealBox said:
Rejection received.... in Seattle .. it's ok. I'm still waiting on Yale. Right now it's between them & UCSF.

Good luck everyone!!!! :luck:
Sorry to hear that, but it looks like you'll be fine regardless. Good luck with Yale! And congrats on everything you've done so far!

Three languages and a dance studio, huh? Cool EC's!

Oh, and 12 pages and not a single acceptance? Come on Harvard, you know we want you! (and trust me, you want us!)

Finally got the guts to check my mail today, and nothing in California for me.

Consensus?

Tomorrow:

Letter in Boston = Good news; everywhere else, letter = bad news

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
NoSoupforYou13 said:
Consensus?

Tomorrow: Letter in Boston = Good news, everywhere else, letter = bad news

That is unless they timed the sending of the letters.

hardy said:
That is unless they timed the sending of the letters.

Talk about cruel and unusual punishment :oops:

Teerawit said:
Talk about cruel and unusual punishment :oops:

I hope they timed the letters because if they didn't go out until today, I don't think I'll get mine until Saturday on the West Coast, which is such a long time to wait.

NoSoupforYou13 said:
Creighton University sent its undergrad acceptances via text message:

U R accpt’d 2 Creighton.

No joke.

Edit: http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/01/31/nebraska/doc43deaa470a8d1243464134.txt

Reply: NO THX

Anyway, this is a pretty exciting thread.

But really, you should all be proud. Coming from a guy who's just starting the whole process, you're all amazing to get this far.

I wish you all the best of luck wherever your med school careers take you. :luck:

-Dr. P

Dr. Pepper said:
But really, you should all be proud. Coming from a guy who's just starting the whole process, you're all amazing to get this far.

You sound like a rejection letter :scared:

hardy said:
You sound like a rejection letter :scared:

This thread simultaneously stresses me out and relaxes me. :)

It's a drug. I am in a complete state of avolition, a semi-alive-barely-conscious forum/mailbox checking machine.

For all those who are still waiting and others who are interested:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/200604/drug-reps

Recieved this article in the mail. No need to discuss, but might help pass the time.

-NoSoup

Edit: Oops, you need a subscription to read the entire article online or you can pick up the magazine. It's worth the couple bucks.

humuhumu said:
Multiple choice. Pick only one answer.

Today in this thread, we are most likely to hear from people who received

a. acceptances today
b. rejections today
c. rejections yesterday
d. a and b
e. a and c
f. b and c
g. all of the above

I'm going with "d" - rejections and acceptances, all received in the mail today.

Keg said:
I'm gonna say... f. Because I'm a pessimist.
Whoa, Keg....you were right....

humuhumu said:
Whoa, Keg....you were right....

Pessimism wins! But we'll see acceptances tomorrow.

Keg said:
Pessimism wins! But we'll see acceptances tomorrow.
I hope they're as varried in location as the rejections were yesterday. Boston! New York! Midwest! California!

Well, actually I don't particularly care how they send them. Just as long as they show up tomorrow! And I'll agree with the previous posters, Risa can have the first acceptance :thumbup:

Now to finish my lookout tower on my roof, allowing me to spot mail trucks from up to 2 miles away...

so I guess I will find out if I got into HMS tomorrow....

I mean a year from tomorrow :eek: :eek:

For a second there, I thought it was 2007 and I had already gone through the application process :barf: At least I'm done with the MCAT :smuggrin:

Good luck to all of you, I pray that your mailman's jeep doesn't spontaneously explode on the way to your mailbox tomorrow.

A bit bored . . . here is what I have been thinking about:

Hypothesis: I am going to make a bold statement and say that letters went out on Friday (rejections) and Tuesday (waitlists/acceptances). They used Monday to print, sign, and stuff the acceptance / waitlist letters. (This second batch probably went into the mail on Tuesday morning.)

Evidence: Given the large number of people who heard on Saturday and Monday, and the very few that heard today, I would guess that the people on Tuesday that recieved news had been "stuck in the system." (If one looks at other acceptance threads, people have been known to not receive letters within the same city for a few days.)

I would not get one's hopes up. Given that rejections still remain, tomorrow will probably bring both good and bad news.

If this is true, most acceptances should arrive on Thursday.

Thoughts? Does anyone know if letters were definitely sent out on Monday?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :luck:

'night.

-NoSoup

Not relevant to this thread at all, but Harvard MD/PHD applicants have heard back via phone call this Tuesday. Good luck to you regulars.

jack.bauer said:
Not relevant to this thread at all, but Harvard MD/PHD applicants have heard back via phone call this Tuesday. Good luck to you regulars.

cool! let's see if i can pull off the trifecta tomorrow and get rejected by NP and HST too!

i am a 1978 graduate of Mount Sinai. i must admit, this is a very interesting thread. my daughter is applying to dental school, and has introduced me to this website.

congratulations to all of you who have worked so hard and have done so well in college. i hope that many of you hear positively from harvard. let me just interject a little practical advice. to graduate from any med school is quite an accomplishment. the reality is that you are all going into a field where the salaries are going down every year. if you come from wealthy families who are able to pay for your educations, more power to you. but, if you have to take $250,000 or more in student loans to pay for that harvard or other private school medical education, you are going to have a struggle to pay that debt and start your life as a physician. in the end, graduating from harvard or your state school affords you similar opportunities, as long as you do well. remember, when the majority of you finish your training, 8-10 years from now, managed care's grip on medical reimbursement may have decreased salaries even further. being a physician is a noble and rewarding profession. just be careful of finishing your training and having debt that is strangling you.

the best of luck to all of you.

996tt said:
i am a 1978 graduate of Mount Sinai. i must admit, this is a very interesting thread. my daughter is applying to dental school, and has introduced me to this website.

congratulations to all of you who have worked so hard and have done so well in college. i hope that many of you hear positively from harvard. let me just interject a little practical advice. to graduate from any med school is quite an accomplishment. the reality is that you are all going into a field where the salaries are going down every year. if you come from wealthy families who are able to pay for your educations, more power to you. but, if you have to take $250,000 or more in student loans to pay for that harvard or other private school medical education, you are going to have a struggle to pay that debt and start your life as a physician. in the end, graduating from harvard or your state school affords you similar opportunities, as long as you do well. remember, when the majority of you finish your training, 8-10 years from now, managed care's grip on medical reimbursement may have decreased salaries even further. being a physician is a noble and rewarding profession. just be careful of finishing your training and having debt that is strangling you.

the best of luck to all of you.

*Cue cheezy sitcom music* THAT'S....Debbie Downer!