Harvard email.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by uclachris, Oct 31, 2002.

1. uclachris

uclachris Doctor Doctor Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This is wierd. I called Harvard like a month ago, asking them if my file was complete; but I JUST got the email stating that fact. Does anyone have any insight into this? Actually the same thing happend to me yesterday for WUSTL as well; but the status update was through snail-mail.

I'm thinking it's a gentle way of saying, we've reviewed your file now wait for your rejection in Feb...

C

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    not necessarily. same thing happened with me and Wash U. I finished my app way back in august, and a month later i got that same cryptic letter in the mail. I took it as a rejection, but they sent me an interview a few weeks later. med skools are weird like that sometimes :rolleyes:

4. banannie

banannie Senior Member

no, you're fine. i got one of those e-mails. so did my friend, who has an interview at Harvard next week.

5. does anyone have any insight on harvard's admissions process? how and when does it decide applicants for interviews? my file was complete late august, and i got that cryptic 'your file is complete' email, but no word about an interview or rejection. is it safe to assume that if your file has been complete for a while and you haven't heard anything = REJECTION?

6. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

I love how it's an SDN-wide belief that if you don't hear anything really really early after you completed your file really really early that it automatically means rejection.

7. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector

RA i agree...haha...ya whats up with these assumptions? and since when is it ever safe to assume?

I think the rule of thumb should be...

rejection letter/email = REJECTION

Remember people....schools are interviewing through March in some cases.

8. appomattox

appomattox Member

Exactly! This assumption is what KEEPS ME AWAKE AT NIGHT. That and thinking about weird things I said in my interviews (note to self: don't tell them about your fascination with kids in spiderman costumes).

I keep hoping for someone to come along and definitively disprove our SDN hypothesis, but maybe we wouldn't believe them anyway.