Harvard Medical School chances? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You know at least say you want to be a useful doctor... plastic surgeons are probably there for the money only, and you'll need >38 MCAT score with your GPA to be considered for Harvard, I imagine. Good luck and I respect your ambition, if it gets you your marks then go ahead, but seriously... it annoys me seeing someone going into the job only for the money! Especially when the lives of others are in your hands! Why don't you just become a hitman if you're willing to risk others' lives for extra money!?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You know at least say you want to be a useful doctor... plastic surgeons are probably there for the money only, and you'll need >38 MCAT score with your GPA to be considered for Harvard, I imagine. Good luck and I respect your ambition, if it gets you your marks then go ahead, but seriously... it annoys me seeing someone going into the job only for the money!

Plastic surgeons do plenty of useful medicine such as reconstructive surgeries. Integrated plastics residencies are also very competitive and I doubt all the people applying are only in it for the money.

I know but from the way he wrote it, I felt he's in it only for the prestige and the money....

Members don't see this ad :)
Gunners don't have 3.4 GPAs and neither do HMU matriculants.

Plastic surgeons do plenty of useful medicine such as reconstructive surgeries. Integrated plastics residencies are also very competitive and I doubt all the people applying are only in it for the money.

Should probably identify the divide: cosmetic surgery = implants and collagen injections, botox and necklifts. Sell-outs that cater to the whims of the most superficial and vein clientele - not saving lives or making a tremendous difference. Plastic/reconstructive: hare-lip missions in african villages, reconstruction of face after losing fight to chevrolet Tahoe - good people, fixing the wrongs of nature and trauma, as opposed to eradicating a self-perpetuating turmoil of outer beauty or lack thereof.

Should probably identify the divide: cosmetic surgery = implants and collagen injections, botox and necklifts. Sell-outs that cater to the whims of the most superficial and vein clientele - not saving lives or making a tremendous difference. Plastic/reconstructive: hare-lip missions in african villages, reconstruction of face after losing fight to chevrolet Tahoe - good people, fixing the wrongs of nature and trauma, as opposed to eradicating a self-perpetuating turmoil of outer beauty or lack thereof.

lmao

Really everyone? After 50 posts of crashing on this fella you still find an urge humiliate him? Maybe you should consider your own situation if you went out of your way to reiterate what 30+ people had already negatively chimed in...

Tell Harvard your're a troll. Honesty can work wonders. on a side note thought 0/10 my man.

Really everyone? After 50 posts of crashing on this fella you still find an urge humiliate him? Maybe you should consider your own situation if you went out of your way to reiterate what 30+ people had already negatively chimed in...

You're defending a troll. That makes you a super troll

Good Evening Everyone,

I am currently a student from Pennsylvania College of Technology and I am majoring in Aviation Maintenance and Technology. I have a 3.4 GPA and I am studying religiously for the MCAT. Harvard Medical School is the only school I will accept, I want the best.

My goal is to become a respected Plastic Surgeon. I will give all my effort to reach this goal.

My questions are how hard is it to get into Harvard Medical School? And should I take my MCAT in my senior year or Junior year? so it can compensate for my mediocre GPA.

I will appreciate any help or advice I receive. Thank you for your time. :)

Was this post a joke?

Unless you got a 37+ and you have completely unique clinical/volunteer experience, you have virtually no shot at HMS. If you had a 3.4 from Williams or Amherst (or an ivy league school not known for grade inflation) then your aspirations would be more realistic but only if your MCAT was stellar

If you are interested in becoming a plastic surgeon, why? Unless you envision yourself to be a pioneer in reconstructive surgery, I hope you are not saying that you want to be a plastic surgeon anywhere on your apps. You will come across as money oriented and as someone who is going into medicine for the wrong reasons.

I would significantly re-evaluate your approach/thinking towards this whole process and think about what it means to be a doctor.

Apologies if I am coming across as being mean but you need to realize you are going into this profession to help other people and not yourself.

This is an awesome thread. Bump.

A plastic surgeons credo:

"when I see post-menopausal women...struggling with their turkey necks...no longer satisfied with the "teenage dreams" they once were.....well, it breaks my Tuscaloosa heart....being a plastic surgeon will let me help them....by changing shapes, I can change lives."

Lol this guy knows it all.....now tell me where Dr. Cox went...

Everyone know he was a Hopkins man, he also wore a "HALE" hoodie in an episode that I think is a spoof of Yale lol

Funny story that's true- I ask every doctor I work with what the most realistic doctor tv show is, and all but one or two have resoundingly said SCRUBS lol