Has anybody heard anything from Thomas Jefferson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A Homeless Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that particularly TJU takes a while to respond to people but has anybody gotten links to their supplemental application? I sent out my stuff 7/31 and haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm visiting there tomorrow, and sent in my stuff 7/21... I called and they said the start to review apps at the end of september!

anyone else get an email about how your application is incomplete? (supplemental application not complete)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! When I visited, Don Sharples said they should be sent out at the end of this month or the first week of October!

I got the "application incomplete" email. Kinda silly that they send that out before they send out the supplemental app. Does anyone know if they do any amount of review of the PTCAS application before requesting the supplemental app. It would be quite the rip off if they didn't even do a quick PTCAS app review to check applicants eligibility before sending them the sup app which costs more money. Good luck to all!

Has anybody gotten the supplemental application yet?

nope. No sup app yet from TJ

Damn, it seems no one has heard from TJ at all lately. I wonder what's going on....

yeah.. i dont know whats going on at all. i thought supplemental apps were supposed to go out a while ago

Glad I'm not the only one still waiting on the supplemental app... Does anyone know what's going on? Is this normal or are they being unorganized? Temple and Drexel responded in a timely manner.

I just received a short correspondence from TJU this morning stating that they should be sending us the supplemental application in the next week or so... anyone else receive this same email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes DjT3KN I received the same email. They said they have already started looking at applications though and intent to start interviewing in mid November...

I'm so nervous!

I just received a short correspondence from TJU this morning stating that they should be sending us the supplemental application in the next week or so... anyone else receive this same email?
I received the same email, looks like they won't have interviews and decisions until winter or 2015. Still waiting the ten days for the supplemental app to arrive.

Has anyone on here received an interview yet?

I also got another email saying they will send out the supplemental soon and will start interviewing in 2 weeks - december

Dec. 10 Jefferson interview
Dec. 12 Drexel interview
accepted at Northwestern; debating whether to make the trek to Philly

i don't think i ever got a secondary.

on nov.4 i received an emaill stating "If your application is complete and verified by PTCAS, we will be emailing supplemental applications very soon."

the next day (nov.5) i received the interview invite email.

has anybody else received an invitation to interview besides carson ranger?

P.S. They asked me to choose from 8 different interview sessions between Nov.12 and Nov.25, but I asked for a December date so I could hit TJ and Drexel on the same visit.

I am in a similar boat as Carson Ranger. I received that same informative email on 11/4 and then received an invitation for a interview on 11/6 (I never received the supplemental). My interview is scheduled for 11/24.

A friend of mine interviewed there last week!

Same here Carson, but I didn't receive the interview invite which is weird.

seems like a lot of schools don't exactly have the process mastered

Supplemental also included a $25 ding,
So I'm willing to bet you get an invite

I just got the supp today as well... I was surprised that it cost $25 for such a short supp app. That was not worth $25. -_-'.

I got the supplemental app as well.. Do they send out the supplemental to all applicants? Or just ones they eventually want to interview?

Also received my supplemental yesterday... and interviewed there yesterday as well. Don Sharples claims there was an error in the system caused by PTCAS making changes, hence the delay. I believe the supplemental got sent to everyone, but I could be mistaken. There was a girl there with her boyfriend who had an interview, while she had not heard. Don told her to shoot him an email to check on the status of her app. I would recommend anyone else that hasn't heard does the same!

When I checked on the status of my app he merely said they would be sending out supplementals. I know they have already begun interviewing and have them scheduled for the next couple of weeks. I am wondering if it is still worth it to pay the $25 fee if it's unclear if I will receive an interview and I have been accepted to other schools.

For anyone on here who has completed a Jefferson interview, have you heard back from the program? I have not received my decision yet.

Also received my supplemental yesterday... and interviewed there yesterday as well. Don Sharples claims there was an error in the system caused by PTCAS making changes, hence the delay. I believe the supplemental got sent to everyone, but I could be mistaken. There was a girl there with her boyfriend who had an interview, while she had not heard. Don told her to shoot him an email to check on the status of her app. I would recommend anyone else that hasn't heard does the same!
Hey did you have an individual or group interview at Jefferson and any questions that was asked if you don't mind sharing? Also, Jefferson sends out acceptance letter after the New Years via email, I spoke to the secretary the other day & she informed me. Best of LUCK to everyone!

Hey did you have an individual or group interview at Jefferson and any questions that was asked if you don't mind sharing? Also, Jefferson sends out acceptance letter after the New Years via email, I spoke to the secretary the other day & she informed me. Best of LUCK to everyone!

It was a group interview. He asked why Jeff, what makes us different from other applicants, what we're most proud of during our undergraduate career, 2 traits that come to mind to describe a good PT.
I can't think of anything else right now, but I'll let you know if I do! It really wasn't bad. I'm not sure of the structure of everyone else's, but we had a group of 6 so we got split into 2 groups of 3.
I withdrew my application, so hopefully that helps someone else out!

Reactions: 1 user
It was a group interview. He asked why Jeff, what makes us different from other applicants, what we're most proud of during our undergraduate career, 2 traits that come to mind to describe a good PT.
I can't think of anything else right now, but I'll let you know if I do! It really wasn't bad. I'm not sure of the structure of everyone else's, but we had a group of 6 so we got split into 2 groups of 3.
I withdrew my application, so hopefully that helps someone else out!
Thank you so much for your feedback you've really helped me out! That's really nice of you . So which school are you going with ?

Thank you so much for your feedback you've really helped me out! That's really nice of you . So which school are you going with ?

No problem! Just let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be attending Drexel!

No problem! Just let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be attending Drexel!
Congrats! You're not going to be too far from Jefferson anyway :) lol Thank you so much for your help & if you can remember anything else from the interview please let me know. Best of luck to you !

Reactions: 1 user