Has anyone been accepted to UT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't post often, but I just wanted say that you should never lose hope. I already received my rejection letter and I am a re-applicant that interviewed last year. It sucks bad, especially since I just received a letter saying I was admitted to the pre-pharm program. What a slap in the face, right? Oh well, everything happens for a reason. I guess I was just meant to be an Aggie forever!

Just hope for the best and goodluck!

Members don't see this ad.

the facebook group is getting bigger and bigger! congrats to everyone that recently got in. its kind of funny how after you get your acceptance letter you still check the forums to see if your buddies are going to make it through.

to all those accepted: what are the plans for summer? staying in austin, getting those 200 hours, finishing prereqs or what?

travel travel travel!!! :) --- Need to explore and have fun before I buckle down and study extra hard. :) What are your plans?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be taking a couple of astronomy classes at community college for fun. I'm sure everything else I take for the next four years will be pharmacy, so I want to do this while I have time.

Just working and enjoying the first summer without school for many years.

ill be traveling myself before i start summer school online classes at ACC. after being accepted i gotta say that its nice not having to stress over making all As anymore! this will be the first easy summer ive had since the high school days! :D

i went to Vegas for the first time this past March. WOW amazing, i LOVED everything about it. If you're not a huge gambler like me, you should definitely see a show. At first I was a little skeptical because tickets are so expensive, but it was worth it. I saw Cirque du Soleil's Mystere, and our tickets were 2nd row center! I could basically touch the performers within a hands reach. So amazing! You guys are going to have a blast!! I'm actually trying to go back to vegas this summer or maybe go on a cruise. It's nice now because u guys can RELAX......but for me, i still have probably atleast a month of waiting though :(

its harrowing to be waiting to find out if the axe or the waiting list is headed for my mailbox; lots of time at the lake is probably the best prescription here. (pun intended)
anyone know how the waiting list will work/will there even be one? =/

bamobrien,
hopefully some sort of miracle is in store for us who are still waiting...as long as that dreaded letter doesnt make its way into our mailbox we still have hope! i have no idea how waitlist works and when they start making it..at this point even that seems better than a rejection though.

i wish you guys still waiting the best of luck!! I have a feeling you guys will get in btw. You guys were there for me back when I first started posting here and I feel that justice will be served!! If you live in austin it's still a win/win situation considering 6th sreet is so close by :cool:

have u found a place to live? if so... where and how much? I thought I wasn't going to get in so I was planning on living off Riverside...but now that I'm in, I want to live closer to campus so it'd be more convenient. If you found any great places, let me know! and the price too :) thanks

I would also like to know where are the good spots to live.... As for my summer plans Im goin to Cancun and Minnesota.

the two closest areas to campus are north and west campus. i live at the criox in west campus. this place isnt as expensive as the newer places, but is still very nice and close to campus. i would suggest it do anyone that is looking for west campus. plus theres lots of stops to the ebus if you ever have time to go out to peckerheads, or other places on 6th.

hey everyone,
i got the dreaded letter in the mail today. luckily i have already been accepted to mcphs-worcester, so looks like i'll be headed to the boston area this fall. the bright side of this situation is that i'll get my pharmD. in 3 years now opposed to 4 if i would've been accepted at ut. ut-austin has been my dream school since the past 3-4 years now, but i guess in the end we're all going to be pharmacists regardless of where we go. the denial letter said there were only 125 spots so those of you who got accepted should really be proud. to the rest of you, i hope you don't find the letter in your mailbox like i did today and i'll be praying that you get better news very soon! good luck!

I'm living in San Gabriel Apartments in west campus. It's a really nice place with a not so ridiculous price for west campus you should definately check them out.

Anybody looking for a roomate next year for UT pharmacy school?