Has anyone been accepted to UT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried both, no response so am anxiously waiting like the rest of you. Dr Wilcox does respond to some but not all emails :-(.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys n gals, the acceptance email will be coming in the next hr as I've been told by Ann Spencer.

nothing yet...this is truly very stressful!!!!! i hope our waiting ends soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG! I just got the email! Check your email! They've been sent. Good luck everyone!:D

:( no e-mail for me.... to those who got in congratulations.

Don't worry. I think they are staggering the emails. Some received them around 1pm and I heard others got them after 4pm. Keep hanging in there a little bit longer.

no e-mail for me either....maybe theres some left for tomorrow...good luck to everyone else waiting and a huge Congratulations to those who already got it!

Congrats to all those who just got in!!!! Now hurry up and join my facebook group, UT-College of Pharmacy C.O. 2011 :D

For those that got an acceptance email today, when did you interview?

I interviewed on April 20th.

a friend and i got our acceptance letters at 3:43pm today. cant wait to meet everyone!!!

ps- i joined the group on facebook. i cant believe you baylor guys started a UT facebook group

Oh believe me it did hurt at first, but I might as well open up to UT early since I'm gunna be there for the next couple years. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed April 21st. Where's the link for the facebook thing again?

I'm having real trouble deciding between a private out-of-state accelerated 3 years program which starts in a couple of weeks time or UT Austin. Any input any1? Time is critical to me, however, UT's offer is VERY VERY attractive. Given that UT Austin is a reputable school, it makes it even harder. However, the 3 year private school that I've been accepted to is also established. They've been around for many years. After I considered all the pros and cons, I still find it hard to give one or the other up coz I've worked hard for both offers.

Thanks in advance.

:( looks like I got denied this year. If April interviewers already got their acceptance then my denial letter is in the snail mail. :-/ Congrats you guys! :) I'll try and see you guys next year :-/

I interviewed April 21st. Where's the link for the facebook thing again?

I'm having real trouble deciding between a private out-of-state accelerated 3 years program which starts in a couple of weeks time or UT Austin. Any input any1? Time is critical to me, however, UT's offer is VERY VERY attractive. Given that UT Austin is a reputable school, it makes it even harder. However, the 3 year private school that I've been accepted to is also established. They've been around for many years. After I considered all the pros and cons, I still find it hard to give one or the other up coz I've worked hard for both offers.

Thanks in advance.

If you go to the out of state private school you'll be able to start working earlier (earn more cash) and be able to start paying off any loans sooner. That means less time for interest on your loans (three years vs. four years). This is a good thing. It will be easier to pay off your loans. Also, going out of state will give you more insight by being exposed to something different. You'll learn more than just Pharmacy by going to an out of state school. In my opinion, I think you should go to the out of state private school. That would be much better for you.

:( looks like I got denied this year. If April interviewers already got their acceptance then my denial letter is in the snail mail. :-/ Congrats you guys! :) I'll try and see you guys next year :-/
dont give up hope yet, as a p1 said earlier, the majority of acceptance letters come tomorrow!

If you haven't been rejected yet, then you could be accepted as late as the first week of July, regardless of what round you interviewed in.

I think today was the day... :( --- Thanks for being hopeful for me haha...but I already signed up for the next pcat in June. I'll probably take it in June, August, and October --- lol until I get a great score. :) I guess now it's time to buckle down and finish these finals.

Can current UT COP students or anyone who know please tell me what the rough cost for tuition+other expenses is for the PharmD program per year? Thanks.

I had asked the current UT students at my interview about tuition and they said for in-state students its about $10,000 a year. Also, if we didn't hear back today and interviewed in April will the Admissions Committee meet again during May or was this the only day? I wonder if they reviewed all of us from April or just a few at the last meeting. I'm really scared! :scared: :(

Thanks, I wish you guys waiting much luck. Don't give up hope yet.

After they make the initial acceptances from each round of interviews, they meet to review all the applicants again (those not yet rejected) to fill the remaining spots. I was told the last of the acceptances would be sent out the first week of July.

I had asked the current UT students at my interview about tuition and they said for in-state students its about $10,000 a year. Also, if we didn't hear back today and interviewed in April will the Admissions Committee meet again during May or was this the only day? I wonder if they reviewed all of us from April or just a few at the last meeting. I'm really scared! :scared: :(

I'm pretty sure there will be another meeting in May. When I talked to Dr. Wilcox last week he told me they hadn't gotten to all of the Feb & Mar interviews to review so there were lots of them being gone over at the May 1 meeting, so it seems unlikely that they got through everyone that interviewed in April. I imagine it will be the end of May or early June before we actually hear anything.

Don't forget that last year about 30 applicants declined the offer to attend UT so that will probably happen again this year which will open up more spots.

To everyone else still waiting,
I had emailed Dr. Wilcox last night and he just replied saying that the admissions committee did not get to my application at the May 1st meeting so now they will review it at the May 10th meeting......there's still hope...and those of you who got accepted...please pray for us!!!!!

Goodluck,I'll be crossing my fingers n praying for those of you that are still waiting. I think we all perfectly understand your anxiety and patience in waiting. All the best.

if we havent been accepted does this mean we should be looking for emails today or next week?

e-man on studentdoctor! just wait until 430pm today im sure more will be sent out.

All this waiting is starting to take a toll on me :scared:

anyone have any info as to estimates of how many spots are left/how many people are still being considered? as i understand before this last round of acceptances it was down to the last 250-300-ish applicants. also i keep hearing from p1 and p2 kids that they've heard that the pool of applicants is "a lot bigger" this year, anyone know how much bigger? past statistics have around 700~ which is saying about 20% get in. if its too much lower than that this year i'm going to start worrying. :thumbdown:

bigdogc: i've already heard stories about your celebration shindig. when i get in i will top it.

you may be able to top my celebration bam, but no one will ever top Van's.

I think the next meeting is thursday and people should hear back by may 15th. Thats what an interviewer told an applicant at the 3rd interview session. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

I'm assuming people from 3rd round got this email as well, but the admissions will meet up this upcoming Thursday, May 10. They should US mail everyone by the week of May 21.

They also said to not call or e-mail student affairs before receiving the letter or check up on status of application.

:( so scared

yeah I got the email too and I interviewed on March 24th. At least I know my application is still in play and I haven't been rejected :)

I interviewed on march 23rd and got the e-mail too... they must be as tired of getting phone calls as we are of waiting.

I got that email too...interviewed April 21st....my fingers are crossed for May 10th!!!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say congrats for everyone who has gotten in so far. Several people have posted about an admissions meeting on May 10th. That will be the last admissions meeting for the year. Also, there are 20 more "official" spots left which will be decided at that meeting. Then a waitlist will be created. Hope this info helps!

:( only 20 spots left...omg :( . How many are being reviewed? I'm guessing like 200? saddddd :(

how can it be 20? with so many unreviewed applications they couldnt filled up that far. =/

my dad emailed the dean and he said that 20 is 'not accurate' and that there's still a 'significant number of slots' open.

i interviewed feb 17th and found out april 9th...if things go the same for you as they did for us then you are gonna have to wait until the second week of may!
It looks like they do make everyone wait for about a month and 2 weeks

theres no way only 20 spots are left. im almost positive that around 50% of 2011 COP has been filled. that leaves roughly 60 more spots. also, lets say 20 decline UT after adimssion, then theres 80 potential spots total.

so, lets so that they accept 130 people total. 30 are reserved for people in the COOP and that leaves 100 for the rest of us. MY DAD tells me that thinking there are 80 spots left is ridiculous considering it's May.

theres no way only 20 spots are left. im almost positive that around 50% of 2011 COP has been filled. that leaves roughly 60 more spots. also, lets say 20 decline UT after adimssion, then theres 80 potential spots total.

well they're going to accept about 160 this year. 155 was last year and this year they're opening 5-10 extra spots so conservatively speaking we can say about 160 total. Also historically speaking at least 20 people decline their admission. I'm thinking 80 (including last-chance slots opened by decliners) is not such a bad estimate. That'd make it 100 accepted so far; there are around 40 accepted from UT as of right now and 60 from the rest of the state sounds pretty fair including those saved for COOP. I'm thinking about 40-50 slots left right now, so about 60-70 slots between now and the beginning of the school year.

The entering class is only 130. They will accept 130 at first, and then as people decline they will accept more off the waiting list. Where did you hear they are going to bring in a class of 160 this year? Because my friend who is a P1 said their class is only 129 students, and that is always how big the entering class is. There is no way there can be 75 spots left.

Dr. kloesel at ut pharmacy said that they're expanding upwards of 10 spots. They've expanded slowly for the last couple of years. It is not always 130. also because the entering class is 130 does not mean they didnt accept more. the statistics on the ut pharm website cites 151 accepted students for fall of 2006.

so, lets so that they accept 130 people total. 30 are reserved for people in the COOP and that leaves 100 for the rest of us. MY DAD tells me that thinking there are 80 spots left is ridiculous considering it's May.
First, 1/3 of applicants(3rd round interviewers) still havent been reviewed and a large portion of 1st/2nd round interviews are being reviewed again. Theres just no way 100 people have been accepted with so many applicants still in process of review. ask your dad whats more ridiculous; having 100 people already accepted to UT and 20 spots left, or 65 people already accepted and 65 spots more.
second, your math is wrong. I said 50% of the spots are filled. 50% of 30 COOPs leaves 15 of them in. Subtract 15 from your original 80 spots and you get 65 spots left for non applicants. Next, I would like to clarify that there are 20 spots left for waitlisters who take accepted applicants spot's who declined UT. My assumption yields 45 more acceptances allowed. Even more so, I think my assumption is taking a lower limit.

Good luck everyone!

First of all, at least some 3rd round people have been reviewed (I know some who got accepted already). Co-op people are accepted right out of high school, so all 30 of those spots have already been decided.

where is everyone getting their numbers from...? i just want to get in =/